“No, you can keep it. Or give it to Holly?” I suggested grabbing Jack’s hand.

“Yeah give that to Holly, and I’ll win one for Stephenie?” Jack said paying the guy.

“Awww, Jack...you don’t have to,” I said.

“Yeah, but I want too,” he smiled a dazzling smile.

Cole clapped dramatically, “Well get on with it then smart boy, we haven’t got all day.”

“Cole!” Why was he acting so arrogant and obnoxious!? “Stop being such a jerk!” I hissed at him.

He looked at me, “I’m not doing anything pretty girl.”

“You know what you’re doing. Now stop it.” With that I ignored him and watched Jack throw the balls through the hoops. He was actually pretty skilled, though he didn’t manage to quite get the last hoop, so instead of getting a giant stuffed toy, he got a funky light-up hat instead.

He popped it on my head and laughed, “photo opportunity.”

“Yes! Hey Cole...could you possibly take a picture of Jack and me?” I asked sweetly holding my phone out to him.

Cole looked slightly taken aback by my gentle tone, but recovered swiftly grabbing the phone. I smiled and posed with the hat. Jack came and stood beside me casually slipping his arm around my shoulders.

“Three, two...” SNAP.

“What!? No I wasn’t ready!” I wailed.

“Tough, you snooze you lose,” Cole replied grinning.

“Take it again!” I ordered.

“Alright! Alright! Don’t get your panties in a twist dear,” he joked.

“Just take the picture properly Cole. Can you manage that, or are you too stupid to process that information?” I smirked.

He scowled, “come on then. I haven’t got all day.”

This time a cuddled up to Jack and gave him a peck on the cheek as the phone went off.

Cole huffed as he looked at the picture and gave my phone back mumbling something that I couldn’t quite catch.

“Awww, you should put that as your background picture. You two are just so cute together!” cooed Holly looking at the picture over my shoulder.

 “Now how about we go on that Ferris Wheel? I mean you can’t come to one of these things and not go on one,” Cole said loudly, distracting everyone from the phone.

I looked at the wheel lighting up the fairground, whilst slipping my phone back in my pocket. It looked so pretty, all the different colours. Then I realised how high it actually went.

“We can’t Cole.”

He frowned, “Why not?”

I glanced hesitantly at Jack. I didn’t want to tell everyone that he was scared of heights. That wasn’t for me to tell.

Jack smiled back at me. “It’s fine, you can go on it. I’ll just wait down here. Tell you what, I’ll win you a goldfish,” he winked.

“That’s a great idea. Holly will keep you company. Won’t you Holly?”

“Sure, I’m not a great fan of heights either.”

I shook my head and turned around so that I was facing Jack and no one else. “I’m supposed to be on a date with you, not my next door neighbour.”

“Seriously Stephenie, it’s okay. Like he said what’s the point of coming here if you don’t go on the wheel. Don’t let me ruin your night.”

“Believe me. You’re not the one that will ruin it,” I said, eyeing Cole who STILL had a smirk on his face.

“You seem to get on with him well. No matter of how much a jerk he seems to be. You’ll be fine for ten minutes and I’ll be waiting for you when you get back,” he said kissing my forehead, “with the goldfish of course.”

I felt a tingly inside as Cole and I walked up to the small queue infront of the ferris wheel.

“So, is he your new boyfriend?” Cole asked.

“No, because technically I’m still dating your brother,” I said curtly. I didn’t feel like talking to him much right now. He had been such an asshole the whole evening.

“But this is a date right?”

“Why do you even care!?” I replied as we climbed into one of the passenger carriages.

“Because, I don’t like him!” he replied.

“You don’t even know him.”

“I’ve heard things about him.”

I laughed at this, “oh really? Well that’s funny because he said the exact same thing about you in the car earlier.”

“You were talking about me?” he asked smiling.

The carriage lurched forwards, as we climbed higher.

“Yes- No...Oh god...I just happened to mention that you went to the same college as him and he said all this stuff about you that he’d heard from other people. It made you sound like a right twat. At first I didn’t really believe him, but then you come here acting like that and it makes me think that maybe all those things are true.”

I shook my head and looked out over the crowds of people. I couldn’t actually see Jack or Holly. Maybe he had actually gone to win me a goldfish. I always wanted one. Come to think of it I think Cole and I decided to have one once, but it died within three days. Poor bubbles. Yes, it’s name was bubbles...I was only five and Cole seven.

DAMN thinking about Cole again!

He’s right next to you!

“Look, Steph...some of those things you heard. I don’t know...the truth is stretched. Yes I get into fights, but you know that. Yes, I can be an idiot sometimes-”

“Most of the time,” I interjected.

“Okay, most of the time. But you know the real me. Sometimes I might get overprotective of you, which is why I’ve been acting like a shithead all night.”

I laughed, “Alright I think that’s a bit much. You’re not that much of a shithead,” I teased.

“So you forgive me?” he nudged me in the rib, batting his ridiculously long eyelashes. I mean honestly, why does a guy even need eyelashes like that! I want them!

“I guess, but why did you follow me here? Isn’t that a bit stalkerish?” I smiled. We were now very high, you could see the whole fairground and everything within a five mile radius. All the people just looked like little dots.

He didn’t seem to see the funny side as his face grew serious, “Steph, I have something to tell you.”

I nodded, giving him permission to continue.

“I broke up with Madison because of you.”

 YEAHH! I uploaded finally. I'd forgotten how much fun it was to write this story because I can relate to it so much more that some of my other stories. I promise after the 30th November I will upload this story much more.

Anyway, TEAM COLE OR TEAM JACK...or are we missing Jeremy?

Next chapter 100 votes and....try 50 comments?

Love

ARI <3