Chapter 14: Relief

Three hours later. I hear a knock on my bedroom door. 

"Lauren?"

Feeling groggy from the tears and the nap, I called out to him. 

His utter beauty never failed to leave me mesmerized. The way he said my name gave me chills. Something was different. He walked slowly to my bed and sat beside me. "What seems to be the problem?" 

It all came flooding out of me. I told him about how irresponsible I had been and what a terrible sister I was. The last thing I expected him to do was laugh.

"Lauren, I thought I told you. I took Elyse back home. Your mother and I talked. Neither of them are in any real danger."

"But what about me?"

Something frightening was hiding behind those pale, stunning eyes. 

"I'm afraid that it's just about the opposite case with you. Sarah wanted to make sure that you stayed safe. You don't mind staying with me a bit longer,do you?" 

God, why would I? 

He smirked, and I had a feeling that he knew it'd be more than fine with me. He just asked out of courtesy. 

I smiled and looked at him, not caring that I was staring anymore. I noticed that his eyes roamed a bit over my body as well. Electric currents ran through my body with the sudden realization that he knew everything that I ever thought about him. I didn't have time to wonder if he liked those things.