12. prison

H

Harry whined when Louis' canines closed gently around his ear and shook his head, jostling the alpha's body from where it was resting along the line of his back and making the bigger wolf huff, paws pressing to his shoulders. His breath washed over the omega's face, warm and rippling through his soft fur before nudging his nose into the side of his neck and licking over his closed eyes, practically vibrating with protectiveness over the boy underneath him.

His head snapped up when there was a soft crunching off to their left and a growl reverberated through his chest, ears pinning to his head as Harry's own twitched forward, large green eyes growing wider. The omega's whimper was soft, but Louis still caught it and it made his hackles raise and his rumbles grow louder, slowly standing and hiding his body beneath him.

Louis released a rough yip when Liam appeared around the corner and the other alpha paused, taking in the scene with narrowed eyes and a furrowed brow before slowly moving forward, hand just barely outstretched. Harry's tense muscles relaxed slightly and he lowered his head back down to rest the side of his face on the cool ground, grumbling happily when Louis bent to lick over his fur.

"Haz?" Liam called, eyes gentle when Harry's gaze met his and hand half outstretched, slightly pleading with him to shift. The omega shivered, turning his face into Louis' furry chest and huffing, ears twitching and tail thumping slowly. Finally, with a tiny defeated sigh, Harry shifted back into his human form and leaned into the alpha's warm side, dark fur tickling his bare skin as the alpha leaned and hid him from view, growls growing louder.

Liam stopped walking when Louis turned downright vicious and held his hands up in a soothing manner, his own eyes flashing a muted golden color as he stared the wolf down before he was slowly lowering himself into the grass, releasing a soft rumble. Louis' growls stopped and he turned his head to nudge Harry's bare chest with his cold nose, draping half over him to keep the cold from seeping into his skin.

"What're you two doing out here?" Liam suddenly ask, glaring harshly when the alpha released a rough grumble and turned icy blue irises to him, shifting in a manner of mere seconds so he was sitting human next to Harry, a possessive hand settled on his chest. The omega shivered, eyes fluttering closed and body stiffening before he used Louis' arm to pull himself up, swaying slightly.

"We were just resting. H shifted rather unexpectedly and he was exhausted." Louis said as he reached to steady the lad, fingers gentle on his bony hip.

Liam nodded and pulled his bottom lip into his mouth before he was standing too, watching the other alpha scramble to his feet and pull Harry into his side, arm wrapped tight around his waist. The omega hummed, holding onto his wrist and leaning his aching head on his shoulder as he turned to curl against him.

"What are you doing here, Liam?" Louis murmured and he looked away, thick eyebrows furrowing before he was crossing his arms over his chest and squaring his broad shoulders.

"I'm here to check on Harry. Someone down the street reported of a lot of bloody howling and I wanted to make sure he was okay." Liam huffed moodily, referring to the station he frequently occupied to help out the officers. Louis nodded, bending to pick up his scattered clothing before wrapping Harry in his jacket and beginning to lead him back to his house, glancing back at Liam over his shoulder. "Well he's fine, so you can go now. I've got him."

Liam glared at the two of them for a while longer, chest expanding with a heavy sigh after he nodded hesitantly, looking to Harry and capturing his reassuring gaze. "Okay."

**

Louis gently lowered the sleepy omega down onto his bed before climbing up next to him, pulling a pair of warm joggers up his skinny legs and wrapping an arm under his shoulders to lift him a little, tugging a jumper over his head. He carefully pulled his arms through the sleeves and hummed softly at his soft noise of question, leaning his head on his chest.

Harry reached to catch his arm when he went to get up, opening pleading eyes to look up at him and tightening his fingers around his wrist. "Don't go." He croaked, swallowing thickly and clenching his jaw to keep in his whimper, not wanting to seem pathetic.

He couldn't help but giggle and relax a little when Louis flopped face first onto the bed and tugged Harry into his side, fingers dancing up and down his scrawny arms to make him laugh louder and squirm away, only to nuzzle back in close seconds later. His own chuckles were soft against Harry's cheek, hold gentle and eyes light with adoration, their noses just barely brushing with how close they were.

"Thank you." Harry breathed as he dropped his forehead on Louis' shoulder and flexed his fingers around his hand. "For helping me. I just...thank you."

The alpha squeezed gently at the back of his neck and let out a soft breath against his cheek, stroking the strong line of his jaw. "Always, H."

****

Don't forget to vote, comment, message.

all the love x - m