Draft 31

Twirling my hair, I was thinking about where Marcus Charles and I stood. We didn't have a label. I just told him I like him. And I can feel that he likes me too. I can't believe I confessed to him first.

"One more sigh from you and I swear I'll  bang your head in the table." Julie deadpanned.

My eyes automatically rolled at her response. "Can't you just be happy for me?"

It was her turn to roll her eyes at me. "You know too well that I'm happy if you're happy. But stop acting like a retard. So, is he gonna come back to the band?"

"Yeah.. we talked about it. He said he'll stop sulking and act like a man." I giggled.

Julie giggled, "Who would have thought a guy like him would be as sappy as a soap opera just because he's jealous. Kinda lame if you ask me."

"Well, atleast he's being honest." I sighed again for the nth time.

"What was that about? that was a different sigh. What's wrong?" Julie caught on.

I groaned in response covering my face.  She softly patted my back. "Come on. tell me already."

I inhaled deeply, "Well, he didn't exactly told me that he likes me. I told him I like him already and it's bothering me."

Julie laughed at me, the bestfriend she is. I banged my head on the table softly. "Stoopp!!!"

"Are you seriously one of those girls who fret over that kind of thing?" She raised an eyebrow. "Well if you ask me, as long as he shows you he cares for you and is sincere towards you that's enough. Remember, action speaks louder than words."

I smiled gratefully at her. "What would I ever do without you Jules?"

"Die probably." She responded sweetly, batting her eyelashes.

Somebody startled us from behind with his question. "Who will die?"

Julie and I looked at Calvin, who was frowning at us carrying a tray with his uneaten lunch. He looked the same as usual, but my feelings for him changed. I noticed I'm not hyperventilating anymore when he's this close to me.

That means I don't have a crush on him anymore, and I'm now fully aware that I like Marcus Charles more!

I unintentionally bursted out laughing at the realization. Calvin and Julie were obviously surprised by the scene I'm currently making at the whole cafeteria.

That's when I caught Marcus Charles at the corner of my eye. Our eyes locked, and then he was coming towards us. My laughter died immediately because my heart is now overworking and I can't do anything but stare at him. I gulped hard.
I'm way too happy, excited, and nervous all at the same time.

I barely heard Calvin asking Julie if I was okay. My breathing stopped when Marcus Charles halted in front of the table.

"May I have a minute with Samantha, Julie if you don't mind?" Marcus Charles asked. I think he was intentionally ignoring Calvin who was just also standing behind Julie and I way comfortably.

Julie smiled maliciously, "I don't mind." She paused eyeing me. "In fact, you can have her all you want." It's now her turn to laugh, only done teasingly.

-------------------'-'-'----'-'--''-''-'''----''''-'-----''''--''''''---

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡