Draft 23

During lunch, Julie and I were joined by Marcus Charles to plan our tutoring schedule.

"I can't believe he announced that I'm failing in his class and that I needed tutoring just because were late!!" I fumed stabbing my spaghetti with fork.

"Calm down Sam. Good thing MC volunteered to tutor you." Julie said sipping her lemonade, eyeing Marcus Charles beside me.

"Um.. yeah. Thanks for 'sacrificing' yourself for me." I said, quoting Mr. Lith's word earlier.

He slowly grinned at me, his chin resting on his palm facing me. His stare had some mischievous glint in them. That action alone made me gulp my own saliva. It was suddenly hot in here.

"Anything for you, crybaby." He said teasingly.

"Okay. The-um.. schedule, we have to work on our schedule.." I muttered, my breathing became uneven.

Julie noticed my uneasiness. "Oh yeah! You can't tutor her on Wednesday and Friday because you had a gig." She stated.

"I'm flexible." Marcus Charles explained, "I can work around my schedule. When and where do you want to study?" He asked.

I fiddled at my food, not really wanting to look at him because I know that he was already looking at me.

"Julie's right, we can't study during your bands' play night." I sighed, "How about Saturday and Sunday?" I asked.

He slowly nodded, "Sure. Your place or mine?"

My eyes widened at his suggestion. Me studying with him at my house or his house. It was kind of intimate for me all of a sudden.

When I didn't answer right away he spoke again, "Your place is preferrable, so that I could check on Doggie too."

"I think it's best if our studying commenced in the public library." I commented. In there, were not alone and therefore it would not be as intimate.

He chuckled, as if there was something funny in what I've said.

"That's where you.." He stopped. Then, I remembered that's where we had our first somewhat normal conversation.

In the public library, where he saw my outburst. How embarrassing.

For the second time around Marcus Charles, I blushed uncontrollably.

"We can't discuss anything in the public library. You're forgetting they are strict with their silence policy. I can't teach you properly if I'm not able to communicate with you verbally." He explained.

I think he is doing this on purpose. I eyed him cautiously. He smirked at my reaction.

Julie cleared her throat. That's when I realized Marcus Charles and I are way too close for comfort. I backed away first.

"Fine. Your house." I huffed.

My parents are always away, so we can't be alone at my house. I'm counting on his parents or any relative he has to be there at their house.

"Sweet. Just in time, my sister went to her boyfriend's family place and dad was out of the country this month for some business trip." He said confidently.

The circumstances that I tried to avoid always find their way to happen to me.

I don't know why. Maybe it's a jinx. I'm cursed. Help me.

-'-'''''''-'--'--------''---'------------------'''-------'-''------'''''---------

A/N: Did you enjoy this chapter? I would like to hear from you :D please vote/comment.

Do you like the playful side of Marcus Charles?

How about Sam's uneasiness around MC?

Thank you for reading ♡