Draft 5

I was kind of nervous that night. Even though I've been to his house hundreds of times before, I can't help the butterflies from having a party in my stomach. This night just feels so different.

"You know we could ditch the party if you're not up to it." Julie stated, seeing my jittery state.

"Now your saying that after I put on this cute dress?" I asked rhetorically.

She knew that whenever I come to Calvin's house, my outfit ranges from casual to tomboyish.

Julie just smiled at me. "That's too girly for you by the way."

"You think so?" I looked at my reflection in the mirror. I am wearing a yellow summer dress. I groaned as I realized I have to change outfit.

Julie throw in a black skinny jeans and a red crop top from my closet. "You look hot in these. Now go change." She ordered with a knowing smile.

I hurriedly change cause its already 8:30. We did each other's make up and then we left my house.

As we arrived, I was too engrossed by the music the live band was playing inside, that I didn't notice Julie had already rang the doorbell.

"Hey! you made it!" Calvin said after opening the door. His face lit up before hugging me with one arm as he was holding a red cup with his other hand, then he also greeted Julie with the same gesture.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world." I grinned, standing still.

Julie coughed a laugh walking past Calvin, leaving me and Calvin alone.

He cleared his throat. "You wanna come in?"

I just nodded still smiling like an idiot, not even moving my feet.

"Is there something wrong?" He leaned closer, asking because I'm not moving.

Why do I have to be an idiot every time I'm around him? Ugh. I need to have a reason why I'm still not moving. Well the reason was our close proximity, I'm afraid that if I move I would grab him and start kissing him. But I'm not gonna say that.

"I just thought that the music the live band was playing was awesome. Wait a second, you have a live band?" I blurted out getting in the house.

Calvin chuckled. "Yeah, they were Jimmy's band." Jimmy was Calvin's teammate. Well, that's a surprise to me. I didn't know Jimmy was into music.

As we got inside, there were a few people chatting and enjoying the music. I noticed some were in Calvin's team bringing their girlfriends along.

The music was coming from the basement downstairs.

"The party's in the basement, after you.." Calvin breathed, making a way for me to go first.  What a gentleman! I sighed as I went a ahead.

I know for a fact that their basement was huge, but I was amazed at how it was arranged now.

The band was at the corner of the room, music blasting. There was a long rectangular table which was filled with alcohol and chips. The couch was occupied by couples making out. But the main attraction was the band, people surrounding them enjoying the music.

"So uh, you want me to get you a drink Sammy?" Calvin smiled as I take in the party atmosphere.

"Yes please." I nodded, and he was gone in a flash.

My eyes wandered where Julie might be. I decided to look for her in the crowd near the band.

As I got near the band, my eyes widened as my eyes landed on their vocalist Marcus Charles, singing while playing the bass guitar. He was in the band?

I felt Calvin join me, handing me my red cup. "Here you go. That dude over there, the new guy, he's from your class?"

I nodded emptying my first drink of the night.

------'''''-----'-'-'-''--''---'-------'-----------'---'-'-------------------

A/N: So what do you guys think? please vote and comment if you like this chapter :)

To be honest, I'm not quite satisfied with this chapter. It feels meh.

Anyways, thank you for reading  ♡