Draft 16

Wednesday morning came, there was some kind of peace in the air as I woke up. The fact that Julie and I were okay again contributed to that peace. It made me feel a whole lot better.

But there was something that was irking me, Julie really felt bad about my situation that she now harbored ill feelings towards Calvin.

Just for the record, I didn't want that to happen. Calvin offered her a ride to RDK bar tonight and she refused it.

"Don't be silly Jules, it's a free ride-why won't you come with him? And besides I'm going with Marcus Charles so you have no choice but to take a ride with him." I argued with her. I even surprised myself because it looks like I'm pushing her to Calvin.

Why am I insisting them to go together?

"Answer me honestly Sam, do you like Marcus Charles?" She asked, surprising me.

My mouth hanged open from shock. She raised an eyebrow.

Do I like Marcus Charles? Honestly, I really don't know.

"Well? Do you like him or not?" She asked again, more insistent this time.

I blinked a few times at her. Marcus Charles was definitely enigmatic, and I don't know for sure if I like him. I don't know him that well. Okay, I admit that at first I really dislike him, but recently he'd been nice to me.

"Why do you ask?" I asked back, suddenly curious as to why she's being persistent on the matter.

"Is it because of Calvin?" She peered at me.

"How was it related to Calvin?" I questioned.

"Ugh. Sometimes you're so slow.. I think that you are projecting your feelings towards Marcus Charles because Calvin doesn't feel the same way about you. No offense Sam, but I really do think you're using MC as your rebound guy." She explained.

I was stunned at what she just said.

"Why do people say 'no offense' before offending someone?" I said rhetorically.

"Jeez! I'm being honest here Sam! I'm not trying to offend you." She explained pinching the bridge of her nose.

She sighed again, looking tired. "Sam, I don't want to start arguing with you. Look, the whole school knows you have a crush on Calvin, then they'll see you with Marcus Charles. What will they think?"

"They would probably think, I've moved on." I answered quietly. "I'm not using Marcus Charles as a rebound, when in the first place Calvin and I have never been together. Like you said, it's just a crush." I said bitterly, I can't help but blame Julie for it.

Calvin likes you Julie, not me I wanted to add.

She sighed and hugged me. "Okay okay.. I understand."

"Just go with Calvin already.." I whispered, hugging Julie tighter to me. Starting now, I'll try to move on. A fresh start is all I need.

"Yeah whatever. I'll go with him. I can't believe you're choosing Marcus Charles over me, your bestfriend." She said unbelievably as she released me from her hug.

I laughed at her statement when my phone buzzed.

《Marcus Charles》Be ready. I'll pick you up tonight.

I felt my heart beat faster as I scan his text message.

"What's wrong?" Julie noticed my sudden stillness after reading the message on my phone.

"Oh. Nothing.." I chuckled nervously. "I think we better get ready for tonight"

''-''''''''''---'-'''-''-'-'-----'''''----'---------''------'-'---

A/N: Please vote/comment ☆

This chapter is dedicated to Johannah Coleen ;)

Thank you so much for reading ♡