Draft 6

I blinked a few times making sure it was Marcus Charles, and not the alcohol I just consumed. Is he really my seatmate?

Huh. This was so hard to imagine, he was singing in the band and also playing the bass guitar. Who knew?

"Hey you two! What's up?" Julie appeared behind me and Calvin. I think she was about to get her second drink. For those who didn't know her, she's a light drinker. One cup of alcohol and she's wasted. I'm not even exaggerating.

I turned to Julie, "Where have you been? I've been looking all over for you." I demanded, crossing my arms across my chest.

"Well if you must know, I'm partyiiing!" She said, being her tipsy self.

"Oh My God! That's Marcus Charles!" She squeeled, just noticing the vocalist/bass player.

Both me and Julie almost jumped when we heard Calvin spoke, "Oh wow, the new guy must have been popular." He stated.

Julie gave Calvin a confused look.

"What are you staring at?! Isn't he popular?" Calvin asked, not clearly understanding Julie's reaction.

"The new guy? He has been our classmate for over a year now. And no he's not that popular.." Julie paused for a while. "Not until now." She continued with a slight haze in her eyes. Told you she was drunk after her first cup.

Now it's my turn to give Julie a confused look.

"Say what now?! Marcus Charles has been our classmate for over a year?! Hold up. He just started his class, you saw him hand Mr. Lith a paper which may mean he's a new student.. right?" I asked with a hint of doubt in my statement, not really remembering this arrogant guy in any of our classes.

Julie let out a hysterical laugh. "How dumb hahaha! can you be? hahahaha! new guy.. mpft! ahahaha!"

I waited for Julie to calm down so that she could explain to me-I mean to us (Calvin and I), why she's laughing like a maniac.

"I can't breathe.." Julie said as she calmed down fanning herself. "Sam. You are so wrapped up in your own world, you didn't notice he's always seated at the very corner of the room. I think his mom got sick or something, that's why he had to leave for a few weeks. When he returned, our seating arrangement was rearranged. And the only vacant seat was beside you. The paper he handed to Mr. Lith was his excuse slip." Julie carefully explained.

My mouth formed a letter 'O' in shock. Really? He has been our classmate for over a year? Maybe that's why he's so annoyed when I asked for his name. I'm an idiot.

"Not attractive Sammy.." Calvin grinned slyly, tilting my chin up to close my mouth.

I couldn't help but blush at his action while Julie strategically disappeared.

Since we're near the band, it kind of startled me when they began playing their next song.

"I don't like the way he's lookin' at you..
I'm starting to think you want him too..
Am I  crazy, have I lost you?
Even though I know you love me.." Marcus Charles started to sing their acoustic version of Jealous by Nick Jonas.

I don't know why, but my heart kind of twisted in a good way. Must be the beer.

''''''''-'--------'---'--------''----''----'''-------'------'-'''''''''''--'------

A/N: Tell me what you think about this chapter :) please vote/comment if you like it.

I kinda enjoyed making this chapter. My cousin told me the last chapter was boring, so I had to pull something in this chapter :D

Thank you for reading ♡