SIXTEEN

(Kellic_Thugpug)

Johnnie's POV

"What do you think they're talking about?" I ask, looking over towards where I could only just see Kyle talking with Vic from where I sat with Danielle and Kelly.

Looking over at Danielle, I see that she has Kelly sitting on her lap, her arm around Kelly's waist securely of course, while she checked something on her phone, before looking up at me. Slipping her phone into her jacket pocket, she uses her free arm to pat me on the back gently.

"I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, sweetheart." She says. "It's probably nothing big anyway."

I nod, not entirely sure if I really believe her or not. But, it's probably nothing major that Vic needs to talk to Kyle about anyway. Though, I still manage to find that hard to believe.

Sitting back against the tree, I can't help but notice that Danielle's smile has faded slightly, as she looks down at Kelly in her lap, and I honestly can't help but think it has something to do with her not being Kelly's real mother.

"You okay?" I ask, as she turns to look at me.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She sighs. "It's just that, honestly all I see when I look at Kelly, is Kellin." She says. "Now, I hardly knew Kellin, but I know he was a good man and all, but..." She trails off, sighing and looking down at the ground.

I nod slightly. I guess I kinda understand what she was saying. Kelly does look so much like Kellin, and I'm sure it must be hard on Vic, even Danielle despite her hardly knowing Kellin. Every time she, Vic, or anyone who knew Kellin, every time they so much as looked at Kelly, they're reminded of Kellin.

"I know for a fact that Vic doesn't love me as much as he says he does." She sighs. "I can see it in his eyes. He loves another, but that person is gone, and every time he looks at Kelly, he's reminded of the man he lost." She wipes away a stray tear that was slowly rolling down her cheek. "I don't know how hard it all is for him, but I'll always be there for him, even if he doesn't love me as much as I love him." She says. "It doesn't matter to me if he doesn't truly love me like he says he does. I'll be there for him anyway, no matter what."

What she was saying, I don't even know how to describe it really, but she's such a sweet and kind soul to be there for Vic and his daughter Kelly no matter what. Even if Vic doesn't love her as much as she loves him, she doesn't care, all she cares about is being there for him, when he needs her the most, and I don't know how often that is, but Vic sure is lucky to have her.

I'm drawn out of my thoughts, as I notice Kyle walking over to us with Vic following behind him. Something about the way Kyle made his way over to me didn't seem right, and he kind of looks a little shaken up, and nervous about something, possibly even in denial about something also.

"Kyle, you okay?" I ask, as he makes his way over to me, and sits down next to me, wrapping his arms round my waist, and pulling me closer to him a little.

He nods slightly. "Everything's fine, Johnnie." He says, holding me closer to him.

But, I'm not so sure if I even believe what he's saying.