Chapter 6: Sacrifice

Hey guys so as promised here is the next part! Fyi this is the last part before the epilogue so enjoy!! Disclaimer: I don't own Supernoobs!

(Kat's POV)

It was almost two o'clock in the morning when I snuck out back to the containment room. It has been a very long day for me. I knew that if I broke my friends out A51 would just find them again so Area 51 had to be destroyed. And before you say it I know it's cruel but I did a little "research" and found out that the government shut down A51 over fifty years ago meaning this organization is illegal and boy have we've broken some laws! All of which can be worth capital punishment to everyone working in this facility so technically I'd be doing the US a favor.

Anyway, I took the graveyard shift tonight just to make it easier for me to sneak around plus I'd be the only one working. I crept silently into the containment room to find all of them asleep. It was kinda cute cuz Shope and Kevin was laying on top of Mem with his arms around them and Tyler and Roach were in the same position with Zen.

Man, Mem really was right. Not all aliens are bad, in fact Mem and Zen seem to really care about those kids. All the more reason to break them out. Those kids don't need to go through what I've been through when I was their age, it would tear them apart.

I walked over to the control panel and began to disarm the security system.

(Roach's POV)

In all honesty, I couldn't sleep not with everything that's going on. It just may look like I'm asleep cuz of my hair. That's probably why I heard someone enter the room.

I looked up and saw Kat over by a computer doing something. Curious, I slowly wiggled out from under Zen's arm and made my way over to the front of the cell. Kat didn't notice me but I really wanted to know what she was doing. I don't really blame Kat for what she did at least not anymore. The more I thought about it the more I came to realize that she really was sorry when she found out who we really were but by then it was too late for her to do anything. I forgive her but the others I'm not so sure.

"Kat what are you doing?" I said, my curiosity finally getting the best of me. She quickly turned around and said "Wake up the others and I'll explain." She then turned back around and continued to work on the monitor while I woke up the others.

(Mem's POV)

Roach woke us all up only to find the little heartbreaker in the room working on the monitor. "What are you doing here Kat? Come to break us more?" I said, my voice dripping with sass. She glanced at me but then quickly turned back to her work. "For your information, yes I am here to break you. Break you out of here." All of us widened our eyes in shock but Zen and I didn't believe her for a second.

"Yeah right like we'll believe you after everything you put us through." Zen said crossing his arms. She didn't even look at us and said "Look I don't expect you to forgive or trust me after everything that I've done but I am honest to God's truth breaking you out. Do you really want the kids to live the rest of their lives in a cell being experimented on like lab rats?" She had a point. "Okay what do we need to do?" I asked.

"Okay I already disabled the primary security system and I'm about to drop the forcefield but don't run through it yet cuz I still have to..." The forcefield dropped and we all instantly ran through it causing alarms to go off. "...disable the secondary security system." Kat deadpanned and rolled her eyes. "Great! We could have just snuck out but now we have to fight out!" She yelled just as three guys barged into the room with guns. Let's just say Kat didn't hesitate.

She ran up to all of the men and kicked the guns out of their hands and then just kicked their asses! Let's just say after about five minutes all three of them were knocked out cold.

We were all a little shocked but Kat just kept walking out as if nothing happened and said "That was only the beginning. More will come. Follow me and stay close. We're heading to the Galacticus." We followed her out of the room and down what seemed to be a thousand hallways until all of a sudden Kat stopped us.

"Shit that's a lot of em." Kat muttered. We all looked around the corner to see probably about twenty guys completely armed. "What's the problem? Can't we just go around them?" Kevin asked. "No cuz the Galacticus is through that door and there is no other way in except through there." Kat said. "Then what do we do? We can't use our battleballs!" Shope said. Kat smirked and said "Leave that to me." She then walked around the corner towards the men. (Okay terrible at writing fight scenes but here's what basically happened. Btw this video is from Iron Man 2.)

I could not believe what I just saw. Kat just took out twenty guys completely armed all by herself! She signaled us to follow her and as we were walking down the hall to the door Kevin said "Dang Kat, you got some serious moves!" She turned around and smirked at him and then said "Well I'm not the best agent in A51 for nothing. Now let's keep moving before reinforcements arrive. Your ship is right on the other side of that door.

She unlocked the door and disengaged any security attached to it. We walked through it and there was the Galacticus but behind yet another forcefield.

(Kat's POV)

I quickly went over to the control panel and disengaged the forcefield along with releasing the ship from the bonds and reactivating its systems. "Quickly, get on the Galacticus now!" I yelled and they started running.

Mem and Zen opened the doors to the ship and started to load everyone in but I sensed someone was there besides us. I looked up and saw the General with a gun pointed at the last person in the line who was running the slowest, Roach.

I ran as fast as I could to him and right when the gun fired I jumped and pushed Roach out of the way but felt a sharp pain in my abdomen. Roach quickly got up and looked at me worried but I just said "Run and get on the ship and tell them to go without me if I don't make it back!" He did as I said while I stood up to face my commander with my gun drawn.

"Why are you doing this Kat? You were my best agent and you just up and leave because of two aliens and some dumb kids." I sneered at him and noticed a gas tank right next to him. "No! I up and left to save my friends so goodbye!" I then fired my gun at the gas tank while running on to the ship now taking off. The satisfying boom and scream told me that the General was no more.

I turned and walked deeper into the ship where the others were but trying not to wince from the pain as I clutched my stomach. I walked onto the bridge to see the others sitting around relieved. "I would activate your cloaking shield if I were you so they can't track us." Mem and Zen nodded and activated it. It was silent for a while until Shope finally said "Wait they know where we live. What if they come after us again!" "I wouldn't worry about that cuz in 3, 2, 1. " I said as I pulled out my trigger and pressed the button. About a second later a huge boom could be heard from behind us.

Everyone smiled and started to make conversation when all of a sudden the pain was too much for me and I fell to my knees. Mem was the first one by my side. "Kat what's wrong?" He said with worry in his eyes. The pain was so strong it hurt to speak but I shakily moved my hand away from my side only to see that both were covered in blood. Everyone gasped and Roach said "When she pushed me out of the way she must have taken the bullet for me." The edges of my vision began to go black as I was trying my hardest to stay conscious. Mem held me and said "Kat you'll be okay just hold on." And that's when everything went black.

Okay so there it was! The epilogue will be posted in about two hours so stay tuned bye😎!!