Chapter 5: Broken

Hey guys so here's the next part and btw there will be angst and tears and LOTS of heartbreak so just be prepared. Enjoy tho!! Disclaimer: I don't own Supernoobs!!!

(Mem's POV)

Darkness. That's all my brain could register at the moment, darkness. I have no clue what the hell happened but I knew it was bad. I had to find out what and curiosity got the best of me.

I slowly opened my eyes just to be met with more darkness but there was a faint light beside me. I opened my eyes all the way and shot up only to instantly regret it with my head pounding something fierce.

I looked around at my surroundings only to gasp in shock. I was in a prison cell of some sorts. It looked like your standard cell except for the fact that instead of bars there was a grade A forcefield. Great no escape.

"MEM!! Thank God you're up!" I instantly jerked my head to the side to see Shope in a cell next to mine with a forcefield between us. She looked at me worried but at the same time relieved. Damn how long was I out?

Upon further inspection I saw that Kevin was in the same cell as her but was currently on the other side of the cell talking to Tyler and Roach who were in the next cell over, Zen was in the cell next to them. Basically, Zen and I were on the ends with the noobs between us.

I looked back over at Shope who was sitting in a fetal position by the field that lead to my cell. Her eyes were red and puffy probably from crying and I knew she was scared. Frankly I am too but I still had to figure out where the hell we are and assess the situation.

I sat down next to Shope and said "Kid do you have any idea where we are?" She looked up at me and shook her head solemnly. "I was the first to wake up followed by the others. Zen woke up a couple minutes before you and is still trying to figure out a way to escape. And before you say it, yes we still have our battleballs but they've been disabled some how and all their really doing is keeping us alive." As she was talking I could see the fear welled up in her eyes which soon became tears.

I felt bad for the girl, I really did but I couldn't do anything while stuck in this cell. The others took notice of us and I noticed that the other noobs had similar expressions on their faces that Shope had. Zen on the other hand just looked aggravated but I knew it was all a facade.

Zen and I tried to comfort the noobs as best we could but it was all in vain. Then I realized something that made my blood run cold. "Where's Kat?! She was in the Galacticus with us so she has to be here somewhere." The noobs and Zen looked between each other worryingly. "We thought she was in the same cell as you!" Tyler said. I became even more worried and I felt like I would have a heart attack at any moment. "You don't think the people that captured us took her do you?" Kevin asked shakingly. None of us had time to answer because someone entered the room.

It was definitely a human. He looked to be of military sorts and probably had a very high ranking due to his uniform and many medals. He had grey hair that was in a crew cut style and was pretty well built. He also had a very stern look on his face or as Kat would call it a resting bitch face. Probably the most important detail was the guns strapped around his waist. He was obviously not our rescuer, he was our captor.

He gave us a smug grin and said "Welcome to the last place on Earth you will ever see you filthy aliens. I am General Maxwell Claw of Area 51 a top secret government facility dedicated to the containment and study of anything extraterrestrial." He leaned down for emphasis on what he just said. This guy was pretty scary but I wouldn't let him intimidate me.