The Final Command

Jedi Temple

Sitting cross-legged, eyes closed, and seemingly in a trance like state, Maz Kanata breathed in and out steadily, allowing her head and mind to be taken by the power of the force that surrounded her. The Force was uneasy today, Maz thought. Something of great imbalance and corruption had submerged itself into the heart of the Galaxy itself.

"Ah, you feel it too?" Came a voice to her right. Maz jumped, opening her eyes and exiting her trance. She turned to face Luke, who had a look of concern and worry.
"Something is happening out there. The Force is teetering on the edge of a dark abyss, and we must put a stop to it." She replied, knowing that Luke had sense the same thing as her.
Sighing, Luke sat down next to her, as the pair stared into the hall ahead, in which their young Jedi Warriors were training. Luke's eyes concentrated on Finn. Once again, the small training ball was defeated him. Despite some mild improvement, Finn's development was lacklustre, and that description was more than a hyperbole. Luke's eyes were then averted towards Rey, who too was observing Finn.

"Maz, I fear for Rey. Look how she stares at Finn." Luke pointed in her direction, and sure enough the look on Rey's face was one of upmost disgust. Suddenly, Rey jumped slightly and shivered, as though a ghost had passed through her. Her eyes widened with shock and horror and she sprinted towards Maz & Luke. The pair rose to their feet and Rey came face to face with them. Rey didn't say a word, but just stared at the pair, as though she was expecting them to say something. When Luke & Maz remained silent with perplexed looks, Rey began to explain what had troubled her.

"C-can't you feel it? D-didn't you sense it? It's the Resistance!" She cried, beginning to sob slightly. Maz and Luke exchanged puzzled glances.
"Rey my dear, what are you talking about?" Quizzed Maz.
"I can sense they're in trouble, big trouble. Please we have to go and save them." She cried out once more. Luke took a step back, with a hand to his head.
"I don't understand. Even me and Maz did not sense something as serious as that. Are you sure Rey?"
Rey looked offended that Luke would even consider doubting her. "Of course! I'm sure. Luke we need to go and help. And if you don't believe me, I'll go myself." She threatened. Taking note of Rey's seriousness, Luke reconsidered his judgement, and, after sharing a knowing look with Maz, he proclaimed, "Rey, go and tell our Jedi Warriors, that today, the New Jedi Order will undertake their first mission."

***

Resistance Base

General Leia sat on her own, face scrunched up due to a rather severe headache. She too, could sense something dreadful coming.
"Excuse me, General?"
Leia looked to her left to see the shiny gold protocol droid, C-3PO.
"Not now Threepio." She snapped back. The droid hesitated, before deciding to pursue his cause.
"General-"
"I said not now!" She shouted back, standing up to face the droid. She turned on the spot to storm away.
"General the First Order are on their way!" The droid cried in despair. Leia stopped in her tracks, eyes wide, and slumped to the ground. She knew that the Resistance defeat was imminent, and there was little she could to prevent it.
The wails of TIE Fighters sounded out overhead, as the First Order fleet made their way towards the Resistance Base. Leia ran into the main headquarters, shouting instructions at the frantic Resistance crew.
"We must stand down. Any resistance to the First Order will result in our definitive death. If we surrender, our lives may be spared." She demanded. This command shocked many in the room into silence.
Admiral Ackbar spoke up in protest, "General we are the Resistance. From the days of the Rebellion we have stood side by side to fight against these dark forces, and we will not stop that today. We brought down the dreaded Empire, and we can do the same now."
"We were stronger with the Rebellion. Our Resistance Fleet is minuscule compared to that, and the First Order are not a mere dictatorship, they have the backing of the Senate. I have a plan, just trust me. Stand down. That is an order." Ackbar knew that there was no point arguing back now, the General had made her last command.