His question made me realize just how much time of the day I give to Asher without even realizing it. But it wasn't my fault. I never went around finding him. He always came to me. To annoy me nonetheless.

"Honestly, I feel sorry for Asher's future girlfriend. If they are this cruel to me what would they do to her? Not just this school but the whole world. It would be all over social media," I rambled.

Evan dropped his hand and scratched his neck. He looked uncomfortable when he said, "Um... Ellie, I think you don't know this..."

"It is all over the Internet isn't it?" I asked.

He nodded.

I sighed and my shoulders slumped.

"Who started it?" I asked but I knew it was a difficult question as it could be anyone.

"It's not just one person. They always had their doubts but I guess when they saw you holding hands with him at the party it got real," he explained.

He knew a lot since he never attended the party.

"All the time you spend with him at the library added to that," he added.

"Coming from a person who hates human interaction you know awfully lot," I remarked.

He gave me a lopsided grin.

"I pay attention," he said.

"Oh really?" I asked. His attention span was worse than a fly's. Considering he never paid attention in class or any other thing for that matter.

He gave me a sheepish smile.

"Okay. I pay attention when I am interested," he corrected.

I narrowed my eyes at him.

"That means you are interested in gossips," I said. "Not to mention about me," I added.

He shrugged.

"You know, all this can stop," he started.

My eyes light up.

"How?"

"Date me," he said straightforwardly.

I choked on my saliva.

The warning bell rang.

"Oh I am late," I said and tried to hurry off but he grabbed my wrist and turned me to face him.

"Why do I get a feeling that you don't want to give us a chance?" he asked looking into my eyes, still holding my hand. The hallway was deserted by that time.

"I I- I'm not," I stuttered.

He raised my hand to level it with my face. Then slid his other hand to my waist. My heart beat picked up.

"Is that so?" he raised an eyebrow.

"I don't want... " I mumbled, looking down.

He dropped my hand but the one on my waist stayed.

I looked up at him and his eyes showed hurt. I felt a pang on my chest.

I shook my hand.

"I didn't mean it like that," I explained hurriedly. "I meant that I don't want to start dating you because I have to. It would be like using you," I said.

He shook his head chuckling.

"Why are you laughing?" I asked, confused.

"Nothing," he said. "I'll see you later. Go to class or you'll be late."