Chapter 18: Past. . .

A/N: If you want, you can listen to the song while reading. This is, of course, just optional. :) Enjoy~

=======================

..

...

..

..

...

..

4 years ago...

..

.

...

..

. .

It was 5 in the morning when a young girl closed the door, waking up her parents from the slam.

The mother yawned, looking out the window and opening it. "Deary, isn't it too early? Where are you going?"

"School," said the girl, plainly.

"Oh, um, how about your lunch? Tell you what, just wait a second I'll pack you--hey! Wait, where the heck are you going?!" She yelled, fixing her hair up.

"I'm going to school now. I'll just eat your food later on dinner tonight."

"W-wait!" her mother stopped her again. The girl turned her head around and stared at her mother in the window. "No kiss on the cheeks before leaving..?" Her mother pointed a finger at her cheeks waiting for any reply.

"No," the girl said bluntly in monotone.

"Why??" her mom questioned, raising a brow and her hands placed on her waist.

"I already did when you were sleeping." Waving at her mother, she walked out of her sight with an emotionless expression pasted on her face.

Her mom let out a breath, smiling...

..

.

... "Usual Kuki."

><><><><><

"Ow!" A young boy yelped. Being flipped like a thin paper by Kuki and falling down face first made him lose in their activity.

"The prisoners lose, the cops win!" Their gym teacher announced, enthusiastically.

"What's the point if this activity anyway? It's just a waste of time. Plus it's just like the children's game 'Hide and Seek'," Kuki questioned calmly, but with a hint of boredom in her voice.

"Weelllll..." The gym teacher faced the other students, who responded with looks at each other then shrugged. "It's more fun!" she beamed, raising a finger.

While the teacher was trying to explain thoroughly to the aqua-headed girl the main purpose of the game, a group of girls huddled up nearby.

"That psychic FREAK!" A girl with long jet black hair whispered to her friends, but more like she spoke it out loud on purpose for Kuki to hear it clearly.

"Psychic? Do you really believe she has powers?" asked the girl beside her. The other girls started to have their own conversations by speaking up their thoughts about Kuki.

"Yeah, I do..!!" the girl replied abruptly, making every girl shut their mouths. Her eyes glinted as it narrowed toward the aqua-headed girl.

"Woah..!" A blonde haired boy mumbled in awe. He saw how the aqua headed girl took down all the opponents in mere seconds. For him, it was the coolest thing he ever saw.