Chapter 14: Incoming Rescue

Kuki's POV

"You want some kisu, Fubuki?" Lily lifted up a plate with cooked fishes on it. (A/N: kisu is a kind of fish, while also in Japan kisu means "kiss".)

"Yes, I'd like some kisu," Fubuki answered.

Speaking of kisu...

I looked down at the ground, as flashbacks came flooding back. Remembering the scene where it's night, with stars sparkling above the sky, I turned around and met someone else's lips.

My eyes got wide, cheeks got red as tomato. Burying my face on both of my hands, I shook my head, wanting to forget that.

Why am I thinking about it so much?

"I'll take a bath in my room." Fubuki stood up, walking to her room.

Why am I even on Lily's room anyway?! Oh.. that's right. For the "Newbie Crushing" . But there's only two of them here in the girls' side of the building so they told me to stay in Lily's room.

"Umm... can I take a bath in my room too?" I asked Lily, with a high pitched voice.

"Well..." she thought for a moment. "I'll ask Fubuki." She ran to Fubuki's room, leaving me.

Yes! Now I gotta slip out of this room.

I slowly peeked outside from the door. Seeing as there's no one on the hallway, I dashed my way to my room. After going in, I shut the door close.

Now to enjoy my vacation~

I went in the huge tub. It felt so warm in there, making me sleepy.

Sonic's POV

"Thank you. Please come again!"

Walking out of the store, I heard some loud chatter.

"Have you heard? They said that some heroes got sent some vacation letter by the Heroes Association," one of the girls said.

"Yes, I heard that. But you know what? The Heroes Association themselves said that those are, like, fake. And not, like, real."

"Ohmahgosh! That's so, like, very clever of them to do."

"Yah. Like, super-duper clever of them."

Psh. Those idiot heroes getting tricked by those things.

I passed by Watchdog's guarding territory. There's that bat guy talking to him. I sprinted towards them, hiding on a bush beside them to hear what they're talking about.

"I can't believe you got tricked by that," the dog-man said in monotone.

"It got the Heroes Association logo on it. Ya didn't get any of those?" the bat guy asked.

"It seemed that all the S Class heroes got the letter."

All the S Class heroes? Including that cyborg guy? Knowing Saitama, he'll fall for this kind of thing, and he'll drag the cyborg too.

"I heard that they're contactin' the other heroes. They're just assumin' that all of the heroes who don't answer to their call are those who got tricked."

I decided not to listen in anymore. I was about to stand up, but I heard a particular name that almost made my heart stop.

"The presumed heroes got tricked are Demon Cyborg, Caped Baldy, Blizzard of Hell, Lily of the Three Section Staff, Mountain Ape, Eyelashes, and the new hero named Kuki. That's all I've heard, but I think there's more than that."

What?! That girl got tricked as well? Maybe Saitama tagged her along.

I darted to Kuki's house, to see if she's there or not.