Chapter 19: . . .Memories

A/N: This chapter have a dark-themed part. If you see this >> ***** << It means that you'll be entering the dark themed part. I'll put asterisks again at the end of the part and you can read safely there. I can say that the dark themed part is kinda, partially, maybeee a very saddening part (if you got happy in this chapter, then you guys are such psychopaths -_- XD). Don't worry, even if you missed that part, it'll be explained throughout the story.

"Hey.. Kuki," a blonde boy said, sitting on a bench. The aqua-headed girl looked at him, slightly smiling beside him.

Heh, that time he thought he won't be able see that sweet smile again on her..

Looking back at that time, she was absolutely cold to him.

"Don't you think I have powers as well?" He asked, Kuki raised a brow to that odd question.

"Why do you think so?" Her voice wasn't monotone anymore. Hence, it was full of emotions.

Shiro chuckled before answering. "You were so cold to me back then, but I think I melted your heart."

Kuki just rolled her eyes. "Yeah right."

Frankly, he DID melted her cold heart. She looked up above the sky, remembering the time when he started to melt her heart.

"She's an extraordinary and unique person!"

"She might be cold and emotionless, but she's kind and sweet in the inside!"

Those are the sentences that he used to defend her.

><><><><><

Like usual, Shiro walked Kuki home. They've been doing that since then. When they arrived in front of her house, the door creaked open.

Inside the house, and at the peek of the door was none other than Kuki's dad, Mamorou. He was peeping at them from the inside. Surely enough, he was noticeable due to the sound of the door creaking. Her mom, Akane, welcomed Shiro with open arms, and ushered him inside the house.

"If you ever break my lovely daughter's heart, you know what's going to happen!" Mamorou slowly inched closer to Shiro.

"Y-yes! The vultures.. I know, I know!" he sweatdropped, averting his eyes from Mamorou's piercing glare.

"You're such an optimistic guy." Akane smiled. "That might be the reason why Kuki started to be brighter." Shiro blushed from hearing that.

"Mom. Please." Kuki pursed her lips, preventing herself from blushing.

"But it's true though!" Akane gently patted Shiro's back.

The complements made Shiro blush even more. Kuki's family accepted him and was glad that there was a person that will take care of their lovely daughter in the future.

"K-Kuki, um.." Shiro said, earning Kuki's attention. His eyes failed to look straight at Kuki, while he fiddled his fingers in nervousness. "W-would you like to... uhh.. . tomorrow.. go out. And you know... go somewhere??" Finally, he was able to ask her out.

"Hmn. Sure thing. So, it's a date?" Kuki smiled slightly, making Shiro's eyes wide, flushing a bright shade of red.

'That smile of hers..!'  He thought.

"Oooohhohohoho~" Akane teased.

"Mom! You're creepy!"