Chapter 1: Returning Back To Konoha

Start from the beginning

"Jiraiya-sensei. I know that there are still many things I could do to fix and improve it. Please, just once more." Hikari pleaded, looking at her sensei with her bright sky blue eyes.

Jiraiya sighed, knowing he wasn't going to win. Besides, there was no way he could turn down those eyes. Those eyes held the same determination that the 4th had.

"Fine just once more." Jiraiya stated warningly.

Hikari smiled and nodded pleased with his answer. 

"Let's move forward a little more though, so there are more targets for you." Jiraiya stated, looking at the area where pine trees used to be. 

Hikari nodded, grabbing her bags hurriedly, waiting for Jiraiya to put away his stuff as well. Just as they finished and were about to head forward, the sound of a bird's caw, made them stop.

A medium sized hawk came down and landed on Jiraiya's shoulder, nudging him. Jiraiya held out his arm and the hawk jumped there instead as Jiraiya took off the note. He held it away, where Hikari's wandering eyes couldn't see. He read it over and let out grunts as he finished.

He dropped is packed bag, rummaging through it. Finally he pulled out a blank scroll and a pen. He wrote carefully on the scroll, looking through it once again as he finished, as if making sure he was writing the right things. He rolled the scroll up and tied it to the hawk, before Hikari could look. 

Jiraiya nodded towards the hawk, signaling it to leave. 

"What was that about, Jiraiya-sensei?" Hikari asked curiously.

"We're going to take a break." Jiraiya stated.

Hikari laughed lightly, "You're tired already, Jiraiya-sensei? If you want we can take another 10 minute break, before continuing down the forest."

Jiraiya shook his head, "No, as in we're taking a break from training away from Konoha. The message was from Hokage-sama, he wants us to return to the village." 

Hikari looked at Jiraiya as if testing to see if he was telling the truth or not.

"But why now? We're just getting more and more into the training." Hikari stated.

Jiraiya let out a short scoff, "Hikari, we've been training for 12 years. There's nothing else I could teach you. If we were to continue the training, it would have only been to improve on the jutsus. Hikari, you could take down the Hokage with your new justus. You don't need anymore improvements." 

"You never know. There are many other enemies out there, strong enough to bring down a Hokage." Hikari stated in a quiet voice. 

Though she didn't say it out loud, Jiraiya knew what she meant. She was talking about Minato again. 

"You know it's almost time for the Chunin Exams." Jiraiya stated.

Hikari raised a thin eyebrow, "Chunin Exams? If I really can take down the Hokage, then why would I be a Genin?"

Jiraiya chuckled lightly, shaking his head. "No. I already talked to the Hokage about this. He agreed that if you pass the test he will promote you to Anbu." 

"Really?" Hikari asked in surprise.

Jiraiya nodded, "And besides. I wasn't talking about you when I mentioned the Chunin Exams."

"Who were you talking about then?" Hikari asked.

"You know Naruto's entering the exams." Jiraiya stated.

"He is?" Hikari asked her eyes wide.

"He sure is, I'm sure he would want the support of his sister." Jiraiya stated.

Hikari looked down instantly, "I'm not even allowed to tell him that I am his sister." She stated.

"Either way. I think you would also want to see how much your brother has improved over the years." Jiraiya stated.

Hikari nodded. She hasn't been in the village in 12 years, she hasn't even seen her brother once. She only saw him during the few short seconds when he was born. Being the heir of Minato Namikaze, Hikari was taken away to be protected during the Kyuubi attack. 

"Does he have red hair?" Hikari asked suddenly.

Jiraiya looked down at her in surprise, she had been so quiet just before.

He then smiled, "No actually. He looks just like you and Minato." 

"Blonde and blue eyes huh?" Hikari asked.

"Also the same determination and the same stubbornness." Jiraiya stated laughing. 

Hikari would have been first to defend that about her, but now knowing that her little brother who she hasn't seen ever, has the same personality as her, made her happy to be his older sister.