"Yeah, whatever. Just lemme know if you see her." Pharaoh knew KJ was right, but was about to admit it.

"I got you." KJ laughed at his best friend's denial, before hanging up.

Pharaoh felt bad for hitting her, and honestly missed having her around. She annoyed him, but she became a consistent person in his life and he chased her away. He thought she'd stay because of what he could provide, things he knew she couldn't afford herself. He went to bed and decided to not overthink it because he wasn't about to chase no bitch.

Ka'Miko arrived, she wasn't sure about what time it was but the sound of sirens and crickets were the only sound on the streets. She assumed it was real late and was nervous about knocking at such a time, but she knew she had to. She knocked 3 times and got no answer. She knocked another 3 times harder this time.

"I'm coming. " Someone growled from the other side of the door. A light came on before the door swung open. KJ sighed rubbing his hand over his head down to his face.

"Ka'Miko." He groaned.

"This is the last time." she pleaded.

He stepped aside letting her in. She walked inside feeling the heat kiss her skin. Her face flushed red as her body temperature rises. KJ shut the door and walked upstairs to his room, changing the sheets. Ka'Miko followed him up.

"You know it's 2am in this bitch." He Informed her as he completed the sheet change.

"I know..I'm sorry." She said softly.

"It's all good." he said.

"I need one more favor..." She began,

He nodded for her to continue.

"Don't tell Pharaoh I'm here." She finished. She was afraid of his reaction and truly felt it was best they go their separate ways.

"I'll do you one better, because I ain't gonna get caught up in this shit. Tomorrow, I'ma hook you up with a little job and an apartment. I got you on rent but you gotta get yo own food and what not. How's that sound?" he smiled.

"Too good to be true." She mumbled.

"Well it's true..We got a long day ahead. Go to bed." he demanded leaving the room. KJ admired her strength and thought she was cool, but he wasn't about to deceive his best friend, he knew she couldn't stay here, but he also knew she had nowhere to stay.

At 8:30am, KJ woke Ka'Miko up, and took her to a nice apartment building, it was still technically in the hood, but the building itself was newly renovated and nice looking. KJ filled out the lease and paid first and last for her.

"It don't look like much now, but I got a homie who is down with the interior design shit. I'ma have this place lookin' straight fire by the time you finish at work." He smiled. She laughed at his excitement.

"Thanks, KJ." She spoke softly.

"Yeah yeah. Now let's get you to work; We don't want you to be late on your first day, not a good look." He teased

She gave a nervous smile and went with him back to the car. He drove for almost 30 minutes to a mall, she had never been to before. He led her to FootLocker and was greeted by everyone. It was no secret, KJ and all of Pharaoh's crew stayed laced in the latest shoes, and clothes.

"Sean, this my homie I was telling you about, she need a job right quick." KJ told the manager.

"Alright," Sean eyed Ka'Miko up and down, licking his lips.

He was tall and brown skinned with perfect teeth and dark brown eyes. His Caesar cut looked freshly lined up. KJ took notice of the way Sean looked at her, but it wasn't his business to interrupt. Ka'Miko was free to make this decision on her own. She stared at the ground as eyes were watching her from all sorts of directions.