Chapter 13:What the future holds

Today I have my appointment. A bunch of people are coming to this appointment and I am scared because what if they give me bad news and I disappoint all these people.

"Babe?" Camila interrupts my thoughts.

"Yeah." I say in a raspy voice.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"Yeah why?" I ask.

"You are crying baby." She says as she wipes my tears.

"I'm scared." I confess.

"Don't be." She says.

"What if they give me bad news and I disappoint everyone." I say.

"Everyone is going because they want to support you. No matter what happens they'll be there for you." She tells me.

"Can you be the only one that actually comes inside?" I ask quietly after some time..

"You only want me? What about Clara?" She asked sounding shocked.

"If I get bad news you're the only one that I want to cry on." I say.

"Of course I will stay. My shoulders will be all yours and all my koala hugs. But since I know you won't get bad news I am here to give you that congratulating kiss later." She says and i can hear the smile in her voice.

"Does this mean I won't get a good luck kiss?" I ask slightly pouting. 

"Definitely. After you brush your teeth babe." She tells me with a slight giggle, helping me up.

We quickly get ready to go meet everyone at the hospital.

"Who is going with us and who is meeting us?" Camila asked.

"I think Sofi and Taylor are the ones coming with us. Norminah, Ally, My parents, Chris, Lucy and Vero are meeting us there." I tell her.

"No Keana?" She asked.

"I doubt it. Lucy and her aren't on speaking terms which means Vero isn't and if Vero isn't best believe Alexa isn't." I say.

"I need to meet this Alexa. I feel like everyone knows her but me." She says and I know she's pouting.

"Soon babe let's get going." I say.

(Skip to hospital.)

"Please Lauren can I come in with you?" My mother asked for the umpteenth time.

"No I just want Camz." I whine.

"Lauren Jauregui?" A lady asked.

"The doctor will see you now, who's going with you?" She asked.

"Camila." I say.

"Camila text me about every little thing." My mom tells her.

Camila nods and takes my hand, intertwining her slender fingers with mine.

"Hello Lauren, nice to see you again. Hello I am Dr.Valdez but Lauren call me Dr.Nice." He says.

"I haven't called you that since I was 9." I say.

"I'm Camila nice to meet you." She says.

"Nice to meet you as well. Okay so Lauren we want to schedule your surgery. You know I always told you the truth about all the maybe's and the damage control but now I honestly think you should have the surgery." He says.

"What's the percentage? How did you guys make this breakthrough?" Camila asked.

"As Dr. Martin said 89% chance nothing will go wrong, 9% chance you will see but will be paralyzed 1 % chance you won't make it at all and 1% chance it won't do anything." Dr.Valdez said.