Ending For A New Beginning

Here it is the last chapter for the Protector of Narnia. Sad tears! Go check my Polyvore page to see what Katie is wearing for this chapter. Don't forget to vote and review! I hope you like this chapter, so enjoy!

The picture up top is who I imagine I see as older Katie.

I do not own anything except my OC Katie.

It has been 13 years since the crowning ceremony. Ever since the White Witch was defeated, Narnia has been more peaceful. Sure there were some battles to protect Narnia, but not as big as the great battle between the Witch. A lot has happened since the crowning. Susan and Lucy grew up to be both beautiful ladies. All the lords and princes stared in awe of their beauty. Edmund became the best jouster in the tournaments we had. As for me and Peter, well something big happened in our relationship. I remembered it like it was yesterday.

We were walking in one of my beautiful gardens as we stopped by a fountain. We were talking about the upcoming ball to celebrate the anniversary of the battle for Narnia. Peter then took my hand and looked me right in the eyes. I looked at him curiously wondering what he was up to.

"Katie, there's something I want to tell you. Ever since I met you, I knew you were going to be an important part of my life. That feeling grew even more when we were in Narnia. I discovered that I liked you when we were walking to the Beaver's house. I was terrified when I thought I lost both you and Lucy in the river, but what was worse was when I saw the Witch stab you and I thought you were dead. What I'm trying to say Katie is that I love you."

He let go of my hand and got down on one knee. My hand was over my mouth as I saw him pull out a diamond ring.

"Katherine Elizabeth Laken, will you marry me?"

Of course I said yes. He smiled as he slipped the ring on my finger. He picked me up and swung me around. I was laughing and crying tears of joy. As he sat me down and pulled me into a passionate kiss. We were married that summer. It was the happiest moment of my life. I was no longer Princess of Narnia, because now I was High Queen Katherine, the Protector.

Today, we all decided to go out horseback riding to get away from the castle. We were laughing and having a great time until I saw Edmund slowing down.

He patted Philip and asked him, "Are you alright Philip?"

Philip turned his head to him while breathing very hard as he answered, "Not as young as I used to be."

Susan rode up to me and said to her brother, "Come on Ed."

Edmund smirked at her and said, "Just catching my breath."

I said to him, "Well let us all catch our breath."

"What did he say again, Katie," Lucy asked me.

"I think he said, 'You girls stay at the castle, I'll go get the stag myself.'"

Edmund turned to Peter and called out, "Peter, your wife is making fun of me again."

Peter laughed as he galloped up and said, "Good, that way she knows how to push your buttons."

We all started to laugh at what he said. Peter got closer to me and kissed me. Lucy was sighing at us while Edmund was gagging.

"Ugh, ok I know, I said this before, but please can you two get a room," Edmund said sarcastically.

The girls and I laughed while Peter glared at his brother. His glared decreased as his eyes caught something.

"What's wrong Peter," I asked.