The Crowning

Hey everyone, I'm kind of sad to say I only have one chapter left after this one. The good news is that there will be a Prince Caspian sequel. Please don't forget to vote, review, and enjoy this chapter.

I do not own anything except my OC Katie.

Today is the day, the day when my friends, the Pevensies, are crowned Kings and Queens of Narnia. We arrived 3 days ago to our new home called Cair Paravel. It is the most beautiful castle I have ever seen... Ok, so I have only seen two castles in my life. Cair Paravel and the White Witch's castle. Cair Paravel has marble walls, a glass roof, long corridors, and don't get me started talking about my own room. In my room, there is a bed canopy, a tall mirror, and so many other beautiful accessories. I was standing in my room, marveling at my new dress in front of my mirror. It was a baby blue dress with silver threads. My hair was in curls and in a half pony tail. My eyes suddenly saw a reflection moving behind me. I looked back to see Aslan walking up to me.

"Hello Katie, you look absolutely beautiful," he said.

"Thank you Aslan." I looked back at the mirror, but there was something nagging at me that I knew I needed to ask him. "Aslan, do you think I made the right decision about coming back? I felt like I rushed into my decision."

Aslan smiled at me and said, "What's done is done. However, the decision you made, you made with your heart and not your head. Your heart was telling you that you needed to finish here before you can go to my country."

"Will I ever see my Father again? I mean, I know I'll see him in your country, but what about my necklace? He said he'll be with me spiritually, does that mean, I won't see him like I did in the between world?"

"From what I know about the locket, whenever you feel lost or you don't know what to do; you will hear him talking to you. I know he is proud of you dear one."

I smiled at him as I hugged him. Again, it felt good to feel his warm fur touching me. Aslan indeed was like a Father to me. We heard someone behind us and we looked to see Peter next to the door. My eyes widen when I saw him. I have to say that he looked so cute in his outfit. I tried not to blush.

"We're all ready for the ceremony Aslan," he said.

Aslan and I walked to Peter as we all walked to the huge doors that were the doors to the throne room. Susan, Edmund, and Lucy were waiting for us at the doors. I was a little nervous, but it all disappeared when I felt Peter touch my hand. Since I wasn't going to be crowned, I walked into the throne room first. When I heard the trumpets, the doors opened and I walked in. All the Narnians were smiling at me. The fox who saved us from the Beavers' house winked at me. Oreius nodded his head at me; Phillip smiled at me, and many others. I looked at the throne and I saw not 4 thrones but 5. I was confused at first, but I shook it off. I stood at the front when I heard the horns again. I looked back to see Aslan and the Pevensies walk in room all high and proud. As they walked pass me, I swore I saw Peter winked at me. They finally stood in front of their thrones, but the one between Peter and Edmund was still empty.

Aslan turned to the audience and said, "To the glistening eastern sea, I give you Queen Lucy the Valiant." Mr. Tumnus and the Beavers walked up to the throne. Lucy smiled as Mr. Tumnus placed a silver crown on her head.

"To the great western woods, I give you King Edmund the Just." Edmund smiled ear to ear as his crown was placed on his head.

"To the radiant southern sun, I give you Queen Susan the Gentle." She blushed when she heard her title, but smiled when her crown was placed on her head. I smiled when I knew it was Peter's turn.

"To the clear northern skies, I give you King Peter the Magnificent." Peter stood all mighty and proud as his crown was placed on his head. They all turned to me like they expected me to do something. Now I was really confused. Aslan smiled at me and said, "Katie, would you please step forward and take your place on the throne with the others."

I was in complete shocked. I was going to be crowned too. I slowly walked up to the throne while everyone smiled wildly at me. Peter took my hand and whispered, "You didn't expect to be left out did you?"

Aslan smiled at me and said, "And to the bright stars above, I give you Princess Katherine the Protector." My smile grew as I saw Mr. Tumnus walking up to me with a crown almost like Susan's. He smiled at me as he placed the crown on my head. I looked at my friends as we sat down on our thrones.

Aslan turned to us and addressed, "Once a King, Queen, or Princess of Narnia, always a King, Queen or Princess of Narnia."

We were smiling more as we heard everyone calling out, "Long live King Peter! Long live Princess Katherine! Long live Queen Susan! Long live King Edmund! And long live Queen Lucy!"

After the ceremony, I was talking to some of the people of court when I felt someone tugging on my dress. I looked down to see it was Lucy.

"Katie, have you seen Aslan? I couldn't find him anywhere."

I excused myself from our conversation and ran with Lucy to find him. We were about to pass the balcony when I thought I saw something walking on the beach. I grabbed Lucy's hand and we ran to the balcony. We suddenly stopped when we saw Aslan walking on the beach in the sunset. My heart dropped when it occurred to me that he was leaving without saying goodbye. I looked at Lucy to see that she was about to cry.

"Don't worry, we'll see him again."

We both turned around to see Mr. Tumnus standing at the door watching us.

"We will?" I asked.

He just smiled and shook his head.

"But when?" asked Lucy.

"In time...you mustn't press him. After all, he's not a tame lion..."

Lucy sighed and said, "No, but he's good..."

"Yes, a very good lion," I said.

Tumnus smiled at us, but took a hankie and handed it to Lucy. "Here, you need this more than I do."

She took the hankie as I turned back to the beach to see Aslan was gone. Lucy looked like she was about to cry again, so I hugged her as Mr. Tumnus held her hand. They went back to the party as I stayed and looked at where Aslan was. I still wish he said goodbye to me. I never did thank him for helping me.

"Katie, are you alright?"

I turned around to see Peter standing there looking concerned.

"He's gone Peter, and we didn't get to say goodbye."

He walked up to me and hugged me. "Katie, it will be alright. Like Mr. Tumnus said, 'He isn't a tame lion.'"

I couldn't help it, I was crying on his shoulder. I knew his shoulder is going to be very wet now, but I knew he didn't mind. He was trying to calm me down by rubbing my back up and down and quietly comforting me. I finally stopped crying and looked up at him. He used one of his thumbs to whip away some tears that were still rolling down my red cheeks. I felt my face blushing as I looked away from him. He took my chin and pulled it up so I could look at him in his eyes. His big blue eyes made me feel like I was in a trance that I didn't realize we were moving towards each other. I felt his smooth lips pressed onto mine as I closed my eyes. You know when they say that when you have your first kiss it feels like fireworks? Well, it's true. My whole body felt like it was on fire, but in a good way.

We broke the kiss when we heard clapping and cheering behind us. We looked and saw everyone was watching us. Lucy was jumping up and down with excitement while Susan was giggling at us. Edmund was leaning on the wall with a smirk on his face.

"I knew he would get the girl in the end," Edmund said.

I couldn't help but laugh. Peter pulled me closer to him and kissed my forehead. We both turned back to the beach and I smiled to myself. Thank you Aslan, thank you for everything.

There you have it, and sad that there is one chapter left. However, never fear as I promised I will put up a sequel.  The next and sadly last chapter will be up tomorrow! Again, please vote and review. Until next time...

Grapejuice101