Talking With Aslan

Hello everyone, here is the next chapter. I do hope you like it. Check out my Polyvore page to see what clothes Katie is wearing in the chapter and posters of mine and my friends stories. Please don't forget to vote, review, and enjoy the chapter.

Also, I do not own anything except my OC Katie.

I was walking beside Lucy as she, Susan and I entered into our tent. My mouth dropped wide open in awe. There were three hammocks, a tall mirror, a dresser, a Narnia flag and many more. Lucy immediately ran to a chest and opened it. Inside the chest were beautiful dresses, capes, shoes, and jewelry. I grabbed one and changed into a ruby red dress with golden flat shoes (which kind of felt a little uncomfortable.) I still kept my necklace Father Christmas gave me. I touched it and thought of my Dad.

Lucy looked at me with concern as a faun was breading her hair. "Katie, are you ok?"

I snapped out of my trace and said, "Huh, yeah I'm fine. I'm just going to take a walk."

Susan looked up and asked, "Ok, but you will be back when Lucy and I go to the stream right? Because we were hoping you can come along too."

I smiled when she said that. She does care for me. "Of course, just call me when you two are ready to go."

As I was walking through the camp, some of the creatures stopped what they were doing a bowed to me. To tell you the truth, I felt kind of weird. I stopped at a hill looking out of Narnia. I sat down on the smooth grass and closed my eyes.

A few minutes later, a warm strong breeze came over me. I opened my eyes and looked behind me. Aslan was there walking up to me. I was about to get up but he shook his head. He sat down next to me and said, "I'm glad I caught up to you Katie. I suppose you have some questions for me?"

I was a little shocked by this. "Y-Yes, why me Aslan? Why am I the Protector and not my brother? I mean, he's stronger and braver than me."

"You are brave, dear one," Aslan said.

I lower my face into my knees and said, "No I'm not. Back on the river I didn't stand up to those wolves, Peter did. I was too afraid to pull my sword out."

"But you convince Peter to not lower his sword from temptation and you save Lucy from drowning," Aslan said.

I remember the river and that voice that helping not to give up. I looked back at Aslan and said, "That voice I heard when I was going to give up from drowning, that was you?"

Aslan smiled at me. "Yes dear one, it was me."

I smiled at him. So he did help me in the river. I KNEW IT! I looked back at the scenery of Narnia and asked, "But that still doesn't answer my question about why I'm the Protector and not my brother James."

"You were chosen to be the Protector, not your brother. Although your brother is fighting a different war, I cannot change his destiny," Aslan answered.

"You mean his destiny is to be fight in the war back home, but will he be ok? He's not going to be hurt while I'm here right," I asked. Aslan shock his head yes and smiled at me. I was relieved to find out James was ok. Then another thought came into my head. "What about my Dad? Why didn't he tell me about Narnia?"

Aslan smiled faded when I mentioned my Dad. "Katie, your Father was one of the bravest and best Protectors I've know. When the White Witch came and was taking over Narnia, I told your father he must leave at once. He was about to refuse but I told him about the next Protector. He left Narnia and arrived in your world. Katie, since you were the next Protector your Father couldn't tell you about Narnia."

"But why," I asked.

Aslan looked at me into my eyes and said, "If you knew about Narnia, the White Witch would have found you. She has been searching for you for many years. Your Father didn't tell you because he was trying to protect you, dear one."

I was quiet when he said that. That's why my Dad was so over protective of me. Even when he was afraid when I rode my first bike.

I looked back at Aslan and whispered, "Thank you for telling me this."

Aslan smiled back and me and whispered, "Your welcome."

"KATIE!"

Aslan and I looked behind us and we saw Lucy jumping up and down trying to get our attention. We both laughed at this and got up. I smoothed my dress and started to walk down the hill.

"Katie," I looked back at Aslan as he said, "If you need to talk to me about anything, including your father, let me know."

My smile grew bigger and said, "I will."

Aslan watched as I ran down the hill to Lucy. He smiled and thought to himself, she is just like her Father.

I hope you like this chapter. I had a tough time with this chapter. The next one will be better. Please vote, review, and until then...

Grapejuice101