The Truth, Protector, And Christmas

Hey guys, I'm back! Here is the next chapter! After you are done reading, don't forget to vote and review!

Again, on my profile page, I have a link to my Polyvore page and you can see the poster and sets for this story.

Also, I don't own anything except my OC Katie. Enjoy the chapter.

I saw staring at the tallest tree I had ever seen. I can't climb that. It's just way too high. The Beavers, Susan and Lucy were already half way up and here I am frozen as a rock. Peter turned around to see that I wasn't moving.

"Come on Katie."

"I'm sorry, but I can't do this. I mean, I've climbed trees before but never ones that high," I explained.

"Would you rather be here with the wolves," said the fox who was pushing me with his nose.

I looked at Peter and said, "Out of my way. I'm going up."

I ran up the tree with Peter right behind me. I grabbed one of the braches when it suddenly broke. I would have slipped if it wasn't for Susan who grab my hand right away. When Peter and I were finally on the branch next to the others, the barrel that was blocking the tunnel flew right off. The wolves ran out of the tunnel to see the fox. Fox used his tail to sweep away our footprints in the snow. The wolves started to circle around Fox as if he is their prey.

"Greetings, gents." said Fox politely. "Lost something have we?" he asks.

"Don't patronize me!" snaps one of the wolves. By the way the sounded, he must be the leader Maugrim. "I know where your allegiance lies. We're looking for some humans."

Fox laughs at him. "Humans? Here in Narnia?" he said in disbelief. "That's a valuable bit of information, don't you think?"

One of the wolves behind Fox pounces and clamps his mouth on his back biting him. Fox yelps in pain and has been lifted off the ground. Lucy lets out a gasp and Peter places his hand over her mouth so she wouldn't scream. Mrs. Beaver has the done the same to Mr. Beaver. My eyes were wide in fear.

"Your reward is your life." said Maugrim. "It's not much, but still. Where are the fugitives?" he asks menacingly.

Fox whimpers in pain. He seems to be thinking it over. He looks up and stared right at me. I shook my head trying to tell him please don't tell. He looked back at Maugrim. I closed my eyes waiting for his response.

"North. They ran north." he said in defeat.

I opened my eyes in shock. He lied to protect us.

"Smell them out." Maugrim orders.

The wolf holding Fox release him by throwing him in air skidding a few feet in the snow. He yelps in pain lifting his head before falling again and losing conscious.I was the first one to climb down the tree. When my feet landed on the snow again, I ran to the fox to see if he wasn't dead. When I saw his chest was moving, I was relieved. I touched his head as he turned and looked at me.

"You ok," I asked.

"I'm fine Protector. Don't worry about me," he said.

My mind caught something he said. Did he call me Protector? Mr. Beaver has gathered some pieces of wood to create a fire while Mrs. Beaver was attending to Fox. When we were all settle down, Lucy asked what happened to the animals who were turned to stone.

"They were helping Tumnus. The Witch got here before I did." He moaned and yelped in pain as Mrs. Beaver touched a sensitive spot while cleaning the wound.

"Are you all right?" Lucy said with concern for Fox.

"Well, I wish I could say their bark was worse than their bite." he said with bitterness. "Ow!" he cried.