13. best friend

Thomas pov

Dylan held my hand as we walked to my house. We walked in silence, but it was comfortable.
When we arrived Dylan didn't let go of my hand. "can I stay, please?" he asked. "I will ask my mom" I said while I unlocked the door.
when we came inside my mom walked towards me, her eyes were red, she had cried. "oh Thomas, I was so worried! Your school called, they told me you weren't in class. They asked me if you were here, I didn't want to cause you trouble so I told them you felt sick and went home. I tought you were in trouble, I was so worried! Thank god, you're here now" she said and hugged me. "sorry mom, I'll explain later" I said. "I'm glad you're back. So now tell me, who is our visitor?" she smiled friendly at Dylan. "this is Dylan, he is a friend from school. I was with him, can he stay until tonight?" I asked. "oh darling, everything for you, if he wants to he can stay for the night" my mom said friendly. "thanks mom" I said and gave her a short hug and went upstairs with Dylan.
"Your mom is cool, I mean, my parents wouldn't be this nice after is went 'missing' for a couple of hours" Dylan said. "well, after the divorce of my parents she started 'cherishing' me. I think it is because she doesn't want to lose someone else who is important to her" I said. "oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know that" he said while he laid his hand on my shoulder.

Dylan pov

"you couldn't have known that, it's not your fault, you know" Thomas said. He looked really sad. "Come here" I said while I streched out my arms to hug him. Thomas let himself fall into my arms and I hugged him tight, and with one hand I stroked his hair. "I love you, Tommy" I said. "I love you too" he mumbled with his head against my chest. "I'll always be here for you, remember that" I said before someone knocked on Thomas's door. We let go of each other before Thomas's mother came in. "Lily is here for you, can she come to your room?" She asked. Thomas nodded.
A minute later Lily walked into his room. "Oh, I didn't know you two were friends" she said while she closed the door behind her. Thomas looked at me "please, we can trust her. Just her, okay?" Thomas said softly. "Okay then" I said back. "Did I miss something?" Lily said confused. "Not acually..." Thomas said. "Do you have to tell me something? You know you can trust me, right?" She responded. Thomas nodded. "We gay, and we're in love" I said. "So you're just gonna put it like that?" Thomas said, he sounded a little frustrated. "No, no, don't fight. I think you are cute together!" She said. "Shhh! A little more quiet please, I haven't told my mom yet. This has to be a secret" Thomas said, and Lily nodded, suddenly I remembered something. "Wait, why did you come here? I don't think you came her to hear that we're gay" I said with a little laugh at the end. Lily smiled "well, I have great news. My parents decided to put me in the same school as you two, so we can spend time together!" She said happily. Strangly enough I was happy too. "That's great news!" Thomas said happily and walked towards Lily for a short hug. I smiled "so we're like three best friend now, well except... Thomas and I" I said, still smiling. Everybody laughed, and in that moment I felt great. I had never felt happier than before... well, except for that time earlier today when I kissed Thomas.

A/N
I acually know I wrote "we gay" instead of "we're gay"
I didn't know it the first time, but then my best friend was reading through the chapter to see if I made any mistakes and she mentioned that and now we have an inside joke about it so I decided to keep it this way because we think it's funny😂
Xx-Quiana