Practice Makes the Next Day Painful

[Alex POV]

School is out and now I'm changing for football tryouts and I decided to take Ashton with me. We both changed in the locker room and walked out to the field.

"Alright Cole! So I saw how good u were with catching today but I don't care about that.  You're playing Defense. You're going to be a Middle Linebacker." Coach said.

"Ok Coach." I said.

"And as for you boy. You're a Lineman." Coach said to Ashton.

"Alright." Ashton said.

We both ran on the field and got in our positions. Ashton took it easy first. Brett yelled "hut!" Ashton shifted and ran into the Center. The center knocked Ashton down.

The half back ran the ball. I saw him and I ran to him. I tackled him and he fell down.

"Good job on knocking the nerd's friend down Rory." Chad said to the center.

"Nice work Trent on running the ball." Brett said.

We got back in our positions. Brett yelled hut. Ashton charged and knocked Rory down and sacked Brett in a matter of 3 seconds. Rory took off his helmet got up and started pushing Ashton.

"Boys settle down!" Coach yelled.

We got back in our positions and Brett yelled hut. Rory and Ashton were struggling to knock each other down. I saw Chad running out so I ran to him. Brett threw the ball. I jumped up and it landed right in my hands. I ran the ball all the way to our end zone.

"Alright boys. Tryouts over. This time on Offense We have Brett as the Quarter back. Chad as a Wide Receiver. Alex as the Tight End. Rory as a Line Man. Ashton as the Center. Trent as the Half back. And if it's needed I want Alex as the Full back too. Understood team!" Coach said.

"Yes Coach." the team said.

"Alright boys. Practice dismissed." Coach said.