The Beginning

[Alex POV]

My name is Alex Cole. I'm 16 years old. Mysterious things have happened in this town. I don't know why. I was dedicated to get to the bottom of it.

[Emily POV]

My name is Emily Watson. I'm 15 about to turn 16. I don't know why parents always freak out. I'm just trying to be a normal person and not an outcast. Whatever.

[Alex POV]

It was the end of the school year. It was the May 29. Only 3 more days until we get out of school. Summer was going to be hard.

"Yo Alex man next year in high school we should really try out for football." My friend Thomas said.

"I'll just think about it over the summer." I said grinning.

A girl walked up. It was this new girl. Her name was Emily I think.

"I'll catch you later Tom." I said walking up to Emily.

She closed her locker door.

"What." She said looking at me.

"I just wanted to say hi. Emily, right." I said.

"Look I'm not looking for another friend." She said.

I put my hand on the locker, trying to be smooth, but it slid off and I scraped my hand. I have a cut and it was bleeding. I looked at Emily holding my hand. She looked at my hand, then me.

"I have to go." She said running away.

Did I do something wrong? I went to get a bandaid and went back to class. I walked home instead of riding the bus hoping to see Emily, turns out she lives across the street from me. I walked to her house and knocked on the door. Some man opened the door.

"Hello sir. Is Emily home?" I asked.

He looked at me weird, then he looked at my hand and saw the bandaid. He grabbed me and dragged me inside.

"Did Emily do this?!" He said almost yelling.

"No sir, my hand slipped. I did this." I said fast because I was scared.

"Ok son what's your name." He said.

"Alex, sir. Alex Cole." I said shaking his hand.

As soon as the word Cole came out of my mouth. He let go of my hand and rushed to the door.

"Emily is not home right now come back later for dinner." He said.

"Ok sir." I said.

"Please Alex call me Mr.Watson." He said.

I walked out the house and walked across the street. I don't know why, but when I got to my door, I collapsed on my hands and knees. I let out a growl and it felt like every bone in my body was breaking. I looked down at the puddle of water to see my reflection and my eyes were glowing a yellowish color. I shook my head and got up. My eyes stopped glowing. I ran in my house and went to the kitchen where my mom was eating and my dad was drinking coffee.

"Mom, Dad, what the hell is happening to me?" I asked trying to stay as calm as I can.

My Dad look at my Mom and he let out a sharp sigh.

"Alexander, sit and we will explain." My dad said, he only calls me Alexander when he's hiding something.

"You see son, your body is changing in different ways. It's called puberty." My dad said.

"Not that. Stop hiding stuff and tell me the truth." I said losing my temper.

"Honey, just stay calm." My mom said touching my arm.

I could feel her emotions. There is love, anxiety, and even fear. I calmed down and continued talking.

"What is happening." I said one last time waiting for the truth.

"Alex you are going to go through some changes this year. What I'm trying to say is that your a werewolf and your starting to have your first transformation." My dad said.

I walked out the house and slammed the door behind me. I jammed my finger in the door. It hurt for 2 seconds and it healed. I was surprised at first, but I got to Emily's house. Before I knocked on the door, it opened. Emily was walking out.

"Hi, Emily." I said.

"Hi, Alex. Come on in." She said.

I walked in and sat at the table. They had steak that night. We started eating and I started to become suspicious of them, so I took the knife and cut myself. Blood was on the table.

"Ahh. Sorry. Where are the bandaids." I said in pain.

"Second door on the left." Mr.Watson said.

Emily was silent. She stared at the table were the blood was. I walked to where the bandaids were and I put one on. While I did that I listened to what they were saying.

"I can't take it anymore. This boy is just too reckless with himself. I feel like I... I feel like I... Excuse Me." Emily said leaving the table.

I heard footsteps getting closer to the door. Then there was silence. The next thing I know, the door burst open and Emily jumped in the room. She looked crazy. Her eyes were red and she had fangs. She kicked me and I fell back. I felt my back hit the wall. She ran up to me and got a grip on me. I tried to loosen the grip but it was too late. She slid me across the floor. I got up and I held her. I tried to get her to calm down, but it wasn't working. Her parents finally realized what was going on and they came in the room. They got Emily to calm down. After they were down, Emily was laying on the floor.

"I'm sorry." She said.

"It's ok." I said.

"This makes no sense. The smell of blood was different for you. Like, it wasn't me trying to suck your blood. It was me trying to kill you. And you held me down. You were stronger than me. Alex, I don't know what your hiding-" she said but i cut her off.

"Me?! I'm not hiding anything your the one who's a Vampire!" I said defensively.

"I guess your right. I think you should go home and rest. See you at school tomorrow." She said.

"Yeah see you at school." I said.

I walked home and got inside. The house was 100% dark. But, I could see everything. Is this how werewolves see it? I went upstairs and went to sleep because if I didn't, I would be thinking too much.