Trying To Be Normal

Lilly's POV

It was hard to go back to school, not as hard as it was after Luke, but still hard. I grew to love K.C like she was my long lost sister. I stayed home for that following week of school, then all of Christmas break. When I had to return the gift I got her for Christmas I balled my eyes out in the store. Stacy stayed with me for a while, it was hard so she wanted to keep me company. No one has touched, or gone into K.C's room since then, I think we are all too afraid. 

I opened the door and walked into what I already thought was bad, but it got worse, school id now my personal hell. When I walked in everyone stopped what they were doing and looked. The conversations stopped, doing homework late stopped, quick kissing stopped, everything, stopped. All eyes were on me, all kind of looks, the 'I'm sorry' looks, the 'it's her' looks, the judgmental look, just every look that was possible at the moment. I frantically looked everywhere, hoping to find a friendly face. Then my arm was suddenly hooked onto someone else's. I looked to my left and saw Stacy, smiling like always, I smiled at her, so happy to see her. Then we took strides down the hall, together. 

Everyday for the entire week I got the same treatment, the stares, the hugs and comments, but also bad under the breath comments. I was so happy to be going to the movies with Noah, we needed some, us, time. 

"Hey mom, I'm going out tonight with Noah." "Okay, back by eleven, okay? I looked behind me before I walked out the door, "Okay." she quickly tuned around and smiled, "You look beautiful, have fun. Be careful okay?" I smiled and walked out. I quickly got into the car and Noah leaned over and kissed me, again, and again, and again.

We got to a new restaurant in town called, "Mack's" It was very nice, and fancy. We got seated at a booth, it was kind of dark and had a window near it, we could see the sky, it was very nice. "So what do you want to eat?" I smiled, "I don't know, the chicken pasta looks pretty good, what about you?" "Probably the steak, have you been here before?" "Yes, Noah I came here on the time that I have had since, what day did this open, Wednesday?" we laughed and he nudged my arm, "I'm glad that we are doing this, we haven't had time in a while." I smiled and we both leaned in and kissed. 

So the weekend went by pretty well, and we have Monday and Tuesday off so I'm hanging with Noah Monday night. Stacy and I even hung out on Saturday. 

I slipped some athletic shorts and a white shirt on, I put on my Nike shoes and put my hair up in a messy bun. I went downstairs and grabbed my keys, "Where are you going?" I turned and smiled, "Oh, hey Derek. I'm going to see Noah. Tell mom when she gets home okay?" he nodded and I put my hand on the doorknob, I turned around, "Wheres Ally?" he finished pouring his glass of oj and looked up, "Her mom is sick, she had to go see her." I took my hand of the door and turned around, "Why didn't you go with her?" "Oh my work wont let me take anymore vacation, I'm actually headed there in a couple minutes." I smiled and walked out. 

I rang the doorbell, I stood there for what felt like five minutes, I rang and rang. I started to knock. No one answered. I stepped back and looked and the giant house, I walked off the porch and walked around to the garage, I peeked in the window, there were no cars. I got out my phone and called Noah.

N- "Hello?"
L- "Hey babe, where are you?"
N- "Hey, I'm a..... well I'm... at the hospital."
L- "What, why, is everything okay?"
N- "Yea... well kind of, my Aunt and Uncle got in a.... an accident. Do you think you could... uh.. come here... I want to wait with somebody."
L- "Yea, definitely. I'm getting in the car now."
N- "Thank you."

I hung up the phone and started to walk back to my car. I heard something running, I screamed when I heard him start to bark, "Ugh, Vince, you scared me half to death boy." I reached over the fence and rubbed his head, "I gotta go buddy, see ya later." I got in my car and headed to the hospital.