He shrugged, the little action aching his bones. "Everything we do has no point at all," he started, sighing, "Save mankind? Hell, in a thousand years, everyone will still die. We try to solve some of the world's biggest problems, but people just keep on making more."

"Says the one who's helping in the killing."

"Says the one who stopped taking drugs, but still makes them for kids under the age of ten," he says, smirking, "Don't think we forget your past, Regine. We all still remember how Daniel made a new drug and you were willing to--"

"This doesn't relate to what you were just saying." She snapped, glaring at him.

"I know where he is," his smirk seemed to grow, growing irritating.

She stared blankly at him.

"Here's the deal," he took a step closer, "you don't tell the boss that I stopped the mission, I don't harm any one, including Daniel... yet."

She gave a questioning look, but her stiffened shoulders sagged. "Yes. I won't tell him." She says, turning away.

Tempus sent her one last smile, before turning to leave the laboratory. Once the metallic door had closed behind him, and the people all around him passed by, time slowed down in his will.

Even if you didn't ask me about the future, a feminine voice rang through his mind, giving him a fuzzy feeling, it'll all be the same.

I know. That is what I told Kira.

Hmph.

What's wrong, Miss Lyra Umber?, his smirk was back on his lips.

Don't call me that.

So, it's wrong to call you your real name, just like how it's wrong to share visions of the future?

The reason why it's wrong for one to know the future is because it can be used to cause chaos. Why do you think I'm the last of my kind?

Well, maybe you can show me...

No.

Everyone is correct. You're wise. Does that happen when you see all the events?

Of course it does. I've learned a lot from all of the results of stupidity.

Is that how you've gone rogue?

Silence clouded his mind as he walked down the same hall. He could hear every sound, altered to sound like it was in slow motion. Every person that he passed by were, as expected, slow.

You have no right to know my secrets, Lewis.

I have every right to ask you questions and get the correct answers. Who's in the cell again?

You are.

He abruptly stopped, his surroundings accelerating.

You're in denial. You've locked up what you actually feel, or should I say, who you actually are.

Tempus's fingers automatically snapped, putting time in a much more slower state; pause. The action gave him another headache.

You're acting so nonchalant about everything, but you're scared. Paranoid. Guilty.

He resumed his walk back in silence, all the while, listening to the hundred-year-old girl's voice. His footsteps bounced off the gray walls.

I'm sure, by now, that you've realized that there's more than one person who's going to die in a few months. You better get ready.