Tempus

[I was bored.]

"Tempus, what are you doing?"

"Whatever you're doing; Entertaining myself."

"By... Staring at the corner?"

"Isn't that what you do?" The boy turned his head to him. "Stare blankly at the corner, have someone interrupt the so called tranquility?"

The other boy sighed, sitting next to him. The lounge was empty, except for the two.

The boy wasn't out, since he currently doesn't have an assignment or any training sessions. Tempus is currently participating in one of the assignments given to him; finding out where his sister is.

For some reason, he couldn't. He couldn't see deep in her thoughts and memories, unlike before when they were separated by several experiments, when he had tried reaching out to her.

Secretly, he was the entity watching over her. Every object that suddenly gets thrown at the wall was him. Every death caused by what was supposed to be Kira was him too.

Right now, he couldn't do any of those. He could only see what she sees, and hears what she hears, and only receive a few of her thoughts.

"Assignment boring?"

"Yeah." He said, staring back at that empty space. "All she does is talk to people. And that's it."

"You haven't...?"

Tempus sighed, nodding. "I should be out there, capturing those people, maybe kill a few people, but I'm just here. Listening in on some girl who lives with killers."

"Well, at least it's something important." The boy told him.

"It's not that important anymore since I haven't gotten any info." He grumbled. "Anyway, what are you doing here?"

"Well," The boy had a smile on, "someone thought that you need to take a break. So, he assigned you on a mission, with Mirage."

"He wants me to take a break from an assignment by going on another? Fine." Tempus stood up from the couch, sighing. "Okay, when?"

"Now."

Tempus looked at the clock. "At... twelve PM? Geez."

"Why are you complaining, you never sleep!" He narrowed his eyes at him.

"Whatever, where is she?"

"I don't know--" The boy froze. "She's messing with me again, Tempus. Tell her to stop it."

He chuckled. "I don't know, I'm enjoying this."

The boy looked frightened, his eyes wide and his face pale.

Tempus's smile widened, and he laughed. He brought his hand up and snapped his fingers, letting his power do it's work; stopping time.

He fixed his glasses as he walked out of the lounge. He went out to the hallway, white halls surrounding him. All the doors lining the walls lead to rooms for the Hunters, ...

He walked down the hall, time still stopped. He saw flies in the midair, the clocks that he occasionally passed by had hands pointing to numbers. The only sound he heard was his footsteps.

"Mirage... Mirage, Mirage, Mirage, where in the fucking seven deadly sins did you go?"

He passed by a red door. He stopped walking and went back to that door. Mirage was engraved on a golden plate that was nailed to the middle of the door.

He opened the door, about to let time resume, but when he saw what was inside, he immediately closed the door. His face was beet red, and he later on smiled again.