Chapter 7

Sigh.

Kira couldn't get her mind off of the dream and the scars on her chest. Looking back at its image, she noticed that it looked a pair of claws tried to open her up. And she can't think of what's even more nerve-racking; the scars and the dream or going back to being a lab experiment.

She sat down on the carpeted floor, holding a one of Sally's doll. She stared at it long enough for Sally to get curious and worried.

"Kira, it's okay. I won't tell anybody." Sally said in a cute, little voice.

But that wasn't it.

"No, Sally. It's not that. You won't understand, even I can't understand." Kira put the doll down.

Or rather, she doesn't know at all. Kira didn't know what to do right now.

Kira eyed the doll again and picked it up again. She turned it, looking at the back of its dress. Memories of that day came to her, even if it was a long time ago, and she was way too young to remember any of it.

She remembered being in her room, walls covered with realistic clouds and lined with small shelves full of toys. Her 5-year-old self was playing with her favorite doll. Everything was tranquil, everything was perfectly fine. Not a single flaw in her family, not a single problem about finances and relatives, it was just a family wanted to be.

Normal.

She remembered having fun with her family days before that day. And she remembered clearly why she had a smile on her face back then.

And all of the happy moments, just like that, washed away, by all the objects in the room. Not a single thing was left on the ground, and everything was at the ceiling, except for her.

She knew that her life wasn't normal anymore. By the time she saw the scared look on her parents' faces, she started to frown.

And that's when it all started.

All the years of torture still kept up with her. Even the medication they gave her couldn't erase the memories because later on, they come crawling back to the surface. It even came to a point where she backed away to the corner and screamed, eventually crying her eyes out.

Happy is an understatement. She was, all together, happy, relieved, soothed, reassured, any synonym, that she got out of there.

She'd rather die than to go back to that parody of Hell.

"Sally, what's this doll's name?" Kira asked.

"Her name is Barbie," Sally said.

"I know that this is a Barbie doll, but, don't you want to give her a name?"

Kira just wanted to think of something else. Who knows? Maybe being a kid once again would take her mind off of it.

"Okay!" Sally smiled as she thought of a name. "I'll call her Lana!"

For some reason, Kira winced at that name. But then, she told Sally that that's a good name. And they started to play.

Although that name was common, she felt like she heard it before. No, she definitely heard it before. She could hear a sweet voice saying that name.

But, furthermore into the game they were playing, she forgot what she was thinking.

And she remembered what's it's like to play with dolls again.

Drawing is haaaaaaard. Sigh.