8 - Don't Bother Us

(Play the song)

Frisk walked around the snowy town, the quiteness growing uneasy on her.

How exactly was she going to do this? Everyone was just, so fragile and sensitive. She guessed that she couldn't possibly say a single word without one of them flinching if she ever met them.

She had to help them. She just had to.

They were tortured here. But she didn't know who was slowly killing them...

Literally.

She saw the dust everywhere. Scattered among the sidewalks. The christmas tree was battered and beaten. The presents underneath were torn and empty. The snow had desperate claw marks on it, almost like someone had forcefully dragged a monster on the ground.

She shuddered at the thought.

She glanced at all the house windows, and someone caught her eye.

There was someone peeking out the window, but quickly shut it once they noticed that Frisk had seen them.

She gasped and ran over to the house. She started to knock on the door.

"Hello?! Hello?! Please open the door!" She pleaded.

Nobody answered.

She frowned. "I-I know I saw you! Please let me in, it's really cold out here!" She started shivering.

A few minutes passed. Frisk was getting colder by the second. "Please... Let me in..." She whispered againts the door.

Suddenly, to her surprise, the door creaked open. It revealed a tall skeleton, wearing an orange scarf.

He had a terrified expression on his face.

He looked around cautiously before pulling Frisk inside and shutting the door. Frisk sighed when she felt the change of temperature.

He turned to her, shaking. "Y-you're a human, aren't you?" He asked, voice quivering.

"Y-yes..." Frisk responded.

"Oh dear..." He whispered and started pacing around.

Suddenly, from the top of the stairs, someone opened a door. Out stepped another skeleton, but this one looking lazy and bored.

"Papyrus, what's with all the noi--" He was cut off when he noticed Frisk. He gasped. His left eye flared an electric blue as he extended his left arm.

Frisk suddenly rose in the air, surrounded by a blue glow.

"H-hey!" She cried.

The skeleton narrowed his eyes. "What are you doing here?! You're going to get me and my brother killed!"

"Wh-what's so wrong about humans?!" Frisk argued, still wary of being held in the air.

"Everything. Down here, everything related to humans are WRONG. What are you even doing down here?! Are you trying to ask for a death sentence?! If you weren't trying to commit suicide before, you sure as hell are now." The skeleton shot back in anger.

He opened the door and threw Frisk outside. Frisk groaned in pain as she hit the cold snow once again.

"B-but Sans! Sh-she's cold!" Papyrus argued.

'So that's his name...' Frisk thought.

Sans slammed the door shut. But after a few seconds, he opened it again and threw out a gray jacket with white rustic fur.

"There ya' go. Just, don't bother me and my brother again. Ever." He said and shut the door loudly on her face.

Frisk sighed as she tried to get up. She stood up shakily and picked up the jacket. She put it on. It was slightly damp, but surprisingly warm. She sighed in content.

She couldn't blame them.