Accident Part 2

I feel the car stop and car door open. I hurry up and get out. I run after Chris through the doors.

"Where's mom?" He asks.

"Down the hall turn right the go to the end of that hall and turn left. Third door on the right," Carly says.

He leaves without saying thank you. I give Scott a hug first then the girls.

"Can I see Kade?" I ask looking at Scott.

"Yeah let's go," he says standing.

We walk down a different hallway then Chris had too and walk to his room. We walk in and he's asleep.

"What happened?" I ask.

"A drunk driver hit them," he says.

"What's his condition?" I ask and Scott points to the clipboard on the door.

I walk over and pick it up.

Broken arm
Slight concussion
Surgery at ten a.m Saturday morning

"I'm going to go check on Chris. Okay," I say before opening the door.

I walk back to the waiting room and turn to the hallway Chris walked down. I find the room and see Chris and Lisa talking. I look through the window until Chris sees me. I walk in and sit next to him and see Lisa's face stained red from tears.

"Hey," I say quietly to Chris.

"Hey," he says back.

I get up and look at moms report. She only has to have surgery tomorrow at nine.

"Kade has a broken arm, slight concussion and surgery tomorrow at ten," say sitting back down next to Chris.

"How's Scott?" Chris asks.

"Sitting in Kade's room. I just left from there," I say.

Chris takes my hand and squeezes it a little. I give him a small smile and then feel my phone ring. I answer it and walk out into the hallway.

"What happened?" I hear my brothers voice.

"Lisa and Kade got into an accident they both are having surgery tomorrow morning," I say.

"Where are the kids?"

"At home with Chris and Anna," I say.

"How long are you guys going to be there?"

"Most likely until they get released. You know how close Chris is to his family," I say.

"You want us to fly out there with the kids?"

"Dude that's a big favor," I say.

"Chris is family Blake you know this. I'll book the earliest flight okay?" He says.

"Thanks. I love you bro," I say before we hang up.

I walk back in the room and tell Chris. We fall asleep in the chairs.

Five Hours Later

Lisa just got taken into surgery. Chris is shaking badly and freaking out.

"Hey she's in good hands. I looked up the surgeon. He's good," I say,"you can't think negative about this babe."

"I need to see the kids," he says.

"My brother said he'd book the earliest flight for them," I say.

"Well they need to hurry up."

I smile and hug him. I lay my head in his chest. His heart is practically beating out of his chest. I take my finger tips and run them over his back. I smile when he slows his breathing down. Scott comes and gets us when Kade hoes back. I ask S and C to stay back with Chris and I'll go back with Scott and wait in the waiting room.

"Hey he'll be okay," I say.

"I know," he says wiping his hands on his pants.

I smile and text my brother. He texts back saying he's on his way. I tell Scott I'll be back in a few. I walk to the front waiting room and wait on the kids. Once I see them I grab Robert because he ran to me.

"Wanna go see Uncle Scott?" I ask.

He shakes his head and walk back to Scott. Scott smiles when he sees Roberts face. Robert gives him a hug and sits on his leg.

"I haven't seen you in forever mommy," he says making a frown.

"I know bud but mommy and daddy had to get here fast," I say.

"Is Mamaw okay?"

"She's in surgery like Kade," Scott says.

"Are they going to be okay?" He asks.

"Yeah they'll be just fine," we say in unison.

Once Lisa gets out we let the kids visit after she's woken up. As soon as Kade is finished Scott sits by his bed the whole time until he wakes up. I sit by Robert after visiting with Lisa.

"Thanks," I say taking a drink of his coffee.

"One this is mine and two your welcome," he says giving a small smile.

"Where's the kids at?" I ask.

"With dad," Suzan says.

"I need to get with dad to meet up," I say.

I fall asleep out in the waiting room with Suzan and Robert.