Chapter Nine

Harry's felt like his heart perhaps stopped. Love, love? Was this what love felt like, this desperation, this clawing need to be as close to someone as possible, the ache when they were away, the torment when they were suffering? Draco's joy multiplied his own infinitely, he lived to see his smile, to see his burdens released. Was that enough, was that what love was?

"I think maybe..." Draco carried on, his eyes still closed. "I've loved you for a while, but I didn't know, not really, until you wanted me too."

He looked scared, shaking under Harry's grasp, lip trembling, eyes screwed shut. So Harry began slowly kissing every inch of his face; his cheeks, his nose, his eyelids and his mouth. "I think I've loved you for some time too," he said, his voice thick and rasping. "I think...I think I'm in love with you?"

A keening noise caught at the back of Draco's throat, and Harry was seizing him in a kiss filled with possessive fire, and such tenderness he felt like it might break him. "It's okay," he said, remembering his words from the kitchen those weeks before. "I've got you, it's okay, I'm here."

He kicked his shoes off, easy since the trainers were only loosely tied, then tried to calm himself as he took a few deep breaths. "Shh," he soothed, stroking Draco's hair and nuzzling his temple into his neck. "It's okay baby, I've got you, I'm here."

He felt Draco relaxing into his touch, felt him taking his own slow breaths. "I'm alright," he managed after a minute or two. "I know you've got me."

Harry smiled. He never would have managed to get words like that out even a week ago, he wouldn't have trusted Harry enough. "Can I carry on undressing you?" he asked, ghosting his fingers down his flanks, skimming them over his hips and his thighs.

Draco nodded, reaching up to gently place his left hand over Harry's heart. Harry paused, removing his own hand from the trouser buttons, and brought Draco's wrist up from his chest to press his lips against it, allowing him to carefully trail open mouth kisses down the Dark Mark. It was his way of showing Draco that he knew who he was, that he hadn't forgotten, but he had forgiven and accepted him for the person he was. The fact that Draco leaned into him, that he gave silent permission for this little act of worship told Harry that he understood his meaning.

After a time he placed the hand back on his chest, then went back to undoing Draco's trousers. Once free, he carefully slid them down his legs, and made short work of the neat bows tided into his polished leather shoes, removing them, the socks and the trousers to leave Draco once more in just t-shirt and boxers.

Harry didn't want any more pressure put on Draco than necessary, so without saying anything he hurriedly yanked down his own jeans and kicked them free, then dropped his glasses onto the bedside cabinet. Now all that was left was his underwear, and it did little to hide his hard and eager erection.

But they had time, they had all the time in the world. So he just cuddled into Draco letting his hands roam, mapping out the body he now proudly felt custodian of. Draco's hands were eagerly tracing up and down his spine, and his breaths were ragged and needy. "Lie down with me?" Harry whispered.

"Please," came the almost inaudible reply.

He slipped his fingers in between Draco's and sat on the bed. He shuffled backwards, letting him follow as they both settled side by side on the pillows, the mattress cradling their bodies as they came naturally together to entwine once more. Draco's skin was always cooler than Harry's, and he felt like he was burning up. "You're so gorgeous," he murmured between kisses, and was pleased to feel the smile under his own lips. "So perfect, my baby."

"I love you," Draco said in hushed tones, getting bolder by the minute, and Harry could have cried at hearing those words again.

"I love you too," he whispered.