He is Working

Ava woke up and looked at the clock. It was 10 o'clock in the morning and Ava knew she had to get up now. But before she could, Ava realized that Ash had his arms wrapped around her abdomen. She smiled at him and could tell he was still sleeping. Or so she thought.

"Morning." said a tired Ash.

"You're up!?"

"Yep, I've been up for awhile, waiting for you." replied Ash.

Ava got out of bed and went down the hall into her own bedroom. She immediately went into the bathroom and got ready for today. She felt so good today because she had finally got a lot of rest. She hasn't been sleeping to good ever since she left her house, but last night she actually got some sleep.

When Ava came out of the bathroom and into her bedroom, she saw Ash making her bed. She was happy that she put on a robe before she went out, or she would be a little embarrassed.

"Ash, what are you doing?" asked Ava.

Ash stopped making the bed for a second and looked over at Ava.

"I'm just fixing your bed and I came to tell you something." answered Ash.

"What is it?"

"I have to go over to my parents today because I have some work to do, so I was wondering if you wanted to just stay here."

Ava thought about it for a moment.

"Um, I think I will just go with you. I would love to spend some time with your mom." replied Ava.

"Okay then, I will let you finish getting dress then." said Ash right before he walked out of her room.

Ava continued on with her morning routine. She put on a casual and comfy outfit for the day. She grabbed her purse and walked downstairs into the kitchen. Ava knew that Ash needed to get to his parents house quickly, before he is late, because he was making smoothies for breakfast. Ash put the drinks in some portable cups and they went into the garage. They got into his Corvette. Then they drove to his parents house.

They had made it in time

They had made it in time. They were at his parents house. Both of them walked up to the front door and rang the door bell. One of the house cleaners opened the door for them. Ash and Ava walked inside. They walked into the kitchen and found Ash's mom baking in the kitchen.

"Oh hello, Ash and Ava." greeted Mrs. Davis.

"Good morning." replied Ava.

"Oh Ash, your father is in that meeting, that you are late for, in his office. Perhaps you should run along."

"Thanks mom." said Ash.

Before Ash went to join his father, he gave Ava a quick kiss on the cheek and then went to the office. Ava took a seat across the counter, from which Ash's mother was making all sorts of goodies.

"Would you like to help bake?" asked Mrs. Davis.

"Oh no that's okay, I'm not that good at baking." replied Ava.

"Oh come on, I could really use some help." insisted Mrs. Davis.

Ava eventually gave in. She went into one of the bathrooms to wash her hands, and then went back into the kitchen to help bake. The rest of the morning and some what of the afternoon, Ava and Ash's mom baked all shorts of delicious things. Ava had never had such a good time baking before.

When they were done baking, Ava and Mrs. Davis took a plate of the cookies they baked and went into the family room to watch some TV. They relaxed and enjoyed their cookies while watching the show.

***

Ash and his father came downstairs to see what the girls were doing. They found both of them munching on some cookies, while they watched a TV show. Ash's father walked over to his wife and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"What did you make?" asked Mr. Davis.

"Oh honey, your favorite cookies are in the blue Tupperware on the kitchen counter." said Mrs. Davis.

Mr. Davis ran back into the kitchen and came back with a sugar cookie in his hand. Ava thought that Ash's parents were so cute because they always were loving to one another. When they had finished their cookies, Ava and Ash said that they were going to head out for the rest of the day.

"Thank you so much for today, Mrs. Davis." thanked Ava.

"No problem, Ava. I can always use some help making a bunch of goodies." joked Mrs. Davis.

Ava gave Ash's mother a hug and said goodbye to his father. They went out the front door and got into the Corvette. While they were driving, Ava had a question on her mind that she wanted to ask Ash.

"Ash, what is the story between your parents?"

"What do you mean?" asked Ash.

"How did they end up the way they are now?"

"That is a story that I love to tell." joked Ash.

"I'm serious." said Ava.

"Oh alright. My mom came from a rich businessman family. She lived with her father most of her life because her mother had died from cancer. And well my father came from a mafia family. My parents were young when they met. I believe my dad was 25 and my mom was 23. They first met each other at a formal party that both of their families where attending. My mom said that she fell in love with my dad when she first saw him. It wasn't long after the party that they started dating. Everything was going good at that point, until my mom's father made things difficult for them. He didn't want my mom near my dad because he knew that my father was the son of a very powerful mafia boss. But the two of them didn't listen. My mom eventually got pregnant, with me of course, and her father found out. He wanted her to get ride of me and stay away from my father, but my mother didn't think it was right. She wanted me, just like she wanted to be with my father. So when she was at school, my father took her away from her father. They got married and soon enough had me. They have never stopped loving each other from the first day they met." explained Ash.

"That's incredible," complimented Ava. "but how did your mom take being married to a mafia leader?"

"She knew that is what he did for a living and she had to except that. She spent a lot of her time worrying if he would ever come home, but years passed and the love for him got rid of her nerves." replied Ash.

Ava laid back in her seat. She thought that Ash's parent's story was so beautiful. She knew that she was lucky to have found Ash because Ava knew that she loved him.