Racing Home To This

Ava pulled into the garage. She closed the garage door behind her and got out of her car. She locked the doors and went inside. The entire drive home, Ava was wondering what was bugging her father. The voicemail he left made her think that something was seriously wrong. She walked through the kitchen and family room, but she didn't see her brother or father. So she went down the hall and into her father's office.

Ava found her father sitting at his desk, with her brother sitting across from her father. She walked over to her father and brother.

"Father, what is wrong?" asked Ava.

Ava's father looked up and her brother turned around to face her. They both had a face expression that made them looked worried and angry at the same time. Ava was waiting for one of them to answer her question, but no one replied. Ava sat down in the chair next to her brother.

Ava leaned in closer to her father and asked, "What is wrong?"

Her father looked into Ava's eyes. He sighed and then started explaining everything to Ava.

"There has been rumors that the Davis family mafia has ordered a hit out on us. They have told their people and allies to go after us before the two of us are at the same place." explained her father.

"They basically don't want to see us at the after party once the choir performance is done, so they have hired people to end us." summarized her brother.

Ava didn't know what to say or think right now. Ash's family have just put a hit on her family to kill her father, brother, and her. Just when things were starting to look up they end up back in darkness. She sat back in her chair and let out a sigh.

"What are we going to do then?" asked Ava again.

"I don't want anyone to go outside of this house. If you need something you tell the guards and they will go get it for you." replied her father.

"What?!" shouted Ava. "Its like two days till the performance. We really have to stay in the house for two days?"

"Yes Ava, it is for your own safety." said her father.

Before Ava could say something else, her brother put his hand on her shoulder. Ava turned to Nick and knew that she needed to leave, so she stood up from her seat and left the room. She walked upstairs to her room, where she would basically be spending two days.

Ava changed into her pajamas. She grabbed her phone and dialed Ash's number. The phone rang for a couple of seconds until Ash answered the phone. Ava and Ash greeted each other, then Ash asked about what caused her to leave right away. Ava told him everything. Ash was shocked because he had no idea that had happened, so he ended the call with Ava.

***

Ash walked down the stairs and went into the office. He found his father sitting down at his desk, with some of their most trusted people surrounding him.

"Father, we need to talk." said Ash from across the room.

Ash's father wasn't pleased that Ash interrupted him, so he revealed his people of their business for the night. Once everyone was out of the office, leaving Ash in his father alone.

"What is it, Ash?" asked his father.

"You ordered a hit out on the Adams family."

"Yes I did." answered Ash's father.

"Why?" shouted Ash.

His father stood up from his chair. He did not like down Ash was talking with his father.

"What does it matter to you?" asked his father.

"That is not how we work. The Davis family has always been about settling this the right way, and this is not the right way." shouted Ash.

Before Ash's father could reply, his mother came running into the room. She heard a bunch of loud noise and was wondering what was going on between her boys.

"What is going on in here?" asked Ash's mom.

Ash and his father didn't answer. Ash walked out of the room and slammed the door behind him. His father and mother were left alone together in the office, while Ash went up to his room. He couldn't believe his father would do such a thing. It was totally against their families rules, especially his grandfather's wishes.