Twenty One

"We can't watch 'The Winter Soldier' again!" Alex complained, throwing himself back against the seat dramatically.

"Why not?" I asked, slight offense in my voice.

"Because, honey," Danielle piped up sarcastically, "We've watched it the last two times we came over. It's a great film but can't we watch something else for a change?"

I stuck my chin out in defense like a little kid and crossed my arms, "Whatever."

"Why don't we go see Civil War?" Oli suggested, causing me to spring up so that I was sitting up properly.

"That's a great ide-"

"No," Alex cut me off straight away, his voice annoying me merely because he kept rejecting my ideas, "I don't have any money."

"Well... you don't have to come," I said a little rudely, joking of course, in exchange for an eye rolling from Alex.

"It was just a suggestion. Maybe later on in the week, Vic," Oli smiled and I nodded quickly.

I was a big Marvel and DC geek, I wasn't even gonna deny it. It was in my nature to get over-excited or over-emotional about the movies, especially concidering I hadn't been able to see Civil War yet.

"So," Oli continued to talk, "Let's get down to the real reason were here."

All three of them turned to face me fully, causing me to frown in confusion and look between them all.

"What's the deal with you and your stepbrother?" Alex asked and they all sat patiently waiting for me to answer while I mentally stumbled over my words.

Should I tell them? I mean, obviously I was desperate to when Kellin and I... had sex, yesterday- it was still a little hard for me to believe- but now I was questioning whether that was a good idea or not. Alex reacted very negatively when he first found out about the situation but that's just kinda how Alex was. He was a loser and an asshole but he was my best friend.

Danielle was desperate for me to get some action in my life, don't ask me why, I have no idea. I'm sure she'd squeal and make a big fuss and I did not need that with Kellin right upstairs.

Oliver was the only one here I'd probably tell but then again, he wasn't as close to me as the other too and had only recently been let known what's going on with the man who was supposed to be my stepbrother.

"Uhh," I mumbled, scratching the back of my neck. Lie to them. "Nothing. Same as usual."

They each gave me a disbelieving look.

"You're saying that nothing happened yesterday? Well, other than getting beat up by Ronnie," Danielle added, causing me to roll my eyes defensively.

"Yep, nothing happened."

"No sex? Not fucking? No banging?" Alex pushed, me nodding each time he'd ask.

"Well, Vic, I don't know what you'd call it but I definitely thought that was fucking," a all too familiar, honey-like voice rang through the air and I felt my face heat up, a blush surely making its was onto my cheeks.

I turned round, Kellin standing midway down the stairs.

"I... uh..." I was at loss for words as Oli started chuckling and Kellin raised an eyebrow, a small smile on his face.

"Don't worry, Vic, I know you didn't mean it. I mean, how could you forget?"

I bit the inside of my cheek and turned back round to face my friends, though all of their eyes were glued to the older boy behind me.