Chapter 5

I walked next to Mari behind Alya and Nino but in front of Lanah. I felt kinda bad she was almost like a fifth wheel, even if Alya and Nino weren't officially together. It was obvious they liked each other.

"Hey Lanah, you can invite someone to come along if you like" I said, she smiled back at me "you sure because there's a guy in our class I like" I could feel Mari's smile growing "invite him to come with us, it'll be awesome" she practically squealed"

"You're right I should, I'll meet you guys at the smoothie place later" Lanah said heading back. "I wonder who the lucky guy is" Mari smiled "I think we both know it's me who's the lucky guy here, my lady"

"That reminds me I meant to tell you sooner but" she moved closer to my ear "Alya is Volpina" she whispered. It took a few seconds for it to sink in "WHAT?!" I said a lot louder than I had meant to. Alya and Nino turned around and looked surprised "dude what's wrong?"

"N... Nothing" I stumbled a little Mari stopped me falling "looks like you're the one falling for once" she laughed. We reached the smoothie shop "would my princess like the usual?" I asked. Mari nodded and I went with Nino to order the drinks.

"I'll have two Strawberry Surprises please" I said to the girl behind the till "anything else?" She asked. I turned to Nino "why do you and Alya want?" He thought for a while "Alya likes the Blueberry Blitz and I'll have the... Summer Fruit Swirl"

The girl made the smoothies for us and I paid for them all "dude you sure you wanna pay for them all?" Nino asked. I picked up the smoothies for me and Mari "yeah I don't mind"

"Wait does that one have a number on it?" He asked. I looked and the cup and he was right she had written her number on one of them. I put the smoothies on the table "I should get something for Lanah" I went back over "another Strawberry Surprise please"

"Three smoothies in just a few minutes, you sure you didn't just want to talk to me more?" She asked "just the smoothie thanks" I stood awkwardly while she made the drink "here you go handsome" she suddenly stopped talking and looked anywhere but at me.

I took the drink and headed back to the table "hey Lanah, got you a Strawberry Surprise" I said handing her the drink "what happened to your mystery date?" I teased. "He had to go to the bathroom he'll be back in a minute"

I looked to Mari hoping she knew who she had invited but she shook her head, she didn't know either. Next thing I knew someone sat with us, I looked up to see red hair, Nathanael.

Maybe him being with us would show him that Mari loves me not him. Maybe he'll fall for Lanah. Unless it backfires, what if he has loads more in common with Mari now that he's a superhero as well.

"Adrien!" Lanah yelled pulling me back to reality "WHAT?!" I instantly shouted back. "What were you so bleep I thought about?" Mari asked. Should I tell her? No she'll think I'm crazy "nothing, just easily distracted today, sorry"

I was the only one left with a smoothie "I can drink this on the way" I said apologetically. We started walking towards the park when we heard a scream of terror.

I span round to see that Stormy Weather and Reflekta were back. "That's not puppeteer is it?" I asked Mari "can't be I never made a Stormy doll" we quickly backed away from the group to transform. When we returned there was someone we hadn't seen before.

She wore an all brown suit, she had a 'tail' like mine but separated like a horses tail tan converse with brown edges, a tan colour mask and her hair was long brown and wavy. "Hey, you're new right?" She turned around "yeah, I'm Doctor Whoves, and you are?"

I smirked "I am the one and only Cat Noir, Ladybug will probably be here any minute now" just as I said that she landed "who's this?" "Our new friend, I think, Doctor Whoves"

"Or just Whoves" she smiled at us. Not long after Volpina and Firefox appeared, we quickly introduced them to each other and got back to the fight at hand.

This chapter ended up longer than I thought but I hope you enjoyed reading it anyway 💖