I was about to go up and help her, but in bravado she pulled a white wire from behind the machines.

"Finally!" She squealed.

Almost as fast as lightning she stuck the white wire into a red box, or rather a music player she pulled out from her hoodie.

Music began blasting through the silence, and before I could even protest she had already pulled me back to the concert stage.

"C'mon. C'mon." She pleaded.

Drums were pounding, and a small twinkling sound filled the air.

The band version of Growl was blasting throughout the stadium, and once Sonah released me I found my members performing complete as a group. The only one left out was me. The audience seats were empty shrouded in pitch black, but the spotlight continued to shine onstage.

Nostalgia struck me.

It had been such a long time since we preformed with all our members. It had been such a long time since we've performed in general.

I could almost hear the fan chants and cheer of the audience. I could almost feel the sweat we shed dancing and singing our hearts out. I could almost taste the joy and adrenaline that I would get whenever I performed onstage.

But of course it was just my imagination.

As soon as the members noticed me, they all simultaneously motioned me to join them.

The problem was I couldn't bring myself to walk up to them. Sonah was already nudging me to go, but I stood still.

The members kept on singing and dancing, while I stood in the sidelines hesitating.

What if I couldn't rap like before?

What if I couldn't dance like before?

Baek has noticed it the most. I had never been the same person or performer as I was three years ago. I couldn't even play the guitar in front of him.

I would just be a disappointment to my members.

I was about to walk away when Baek pulled me back.

"We won't be complete without you." He stared at me and waited.

My mind was spinning, my stomach churned. I really couldn't do it.

"Chanyeol!"

"Yah, Giant!"

"Yeollie!"

"Channie!"

Baekhyun looked back at the members.

"Can't you see how much fun they're having. Chanyeol, what are you so scared of?"

I clawed into the palms of my hands and bit my lips.

Yeah, what was I so scared of. These people were my family.

I shut my eyes and huffed. Once I opened them one more time I had finally noticed the playfulness of the boys on the stage. They weren't performing for anyone. They were performing for each other and for themselves.

They were performing because they wanted to and enjoyed it. Not to impress or please anyone. This was what I was born to do.

I was a born performer.

Baekhyun raised his eyebrows, "Are you up for it?"

I craned my neck up and a gave my friend a toothy grin.

That acted as a signal, for Baek to pull me into the performance.

We danced, we sang, we laughed, we smiled. The members did nothing but enjoy the groove of the music, and since the band version was playing there was an extremely long dance break in the middle.

Kai and Kris got into a huge dance battle, to which Kai proved to be victorious. I joined the little dance off Chen and Baek was having, and started the beagle war. The members were everywhere. Jumping from place to place whooping over the music.

And by the end of the dance break was my rap.

Joy had already overwhelmed my body the moment I stood in the middle while the boys did their dances me.

They were chanting along with me, as I tried not to cry to keep the momentum going. And as quick as that my part ended, and once I moved to the side to give Kai the spotlight my tears began to fall.

Everything felt surreal, everything felt like a dream.

But it was happening. The members all felt it. I knew they felt the same way, they felt the same joy I had, the same nostalgia.

The members all slowed to stop with the music still playing in the background. They continued singing, and despite our worn out selves we gathered into a tight huddle.

"EXO," Suho started, "Hana, deul, set, WE ARE ONE!" The members yelled.

Eventually the song came to an explosive end.

I was still shaken up from the performance, as well as the members.

So shaken up that we didn't notice the applause behind us.

I twisted wondering if my ears were lying to me.

I had initially thought they were since every seat in the audience were empty, but I was wrong.

So wrong.

The applause came from one and only one person only.

The person was sitting at the nearest seat to the stage, and once she caught our attention she pulled herself up to join us.

Her eyes were shaped as half moons, and her smile gave life.

Minhye.

If you want to support the story visit my ko-fi page: https://ko-fi.com/trulyasolomon