Chapter 9

HELLO!!!! To make sure you'll still not hate me, i'm posting chapters 9, 10 and 11 NOW! Next we have 12 and the epilogue. Hope you'll enjoy it. Don't forget: COMMENT!!!!!!

---------------------------

At first no eye contact. Next sneaky glances. Then cold glares. In the end I felt his gaze on me from across the cafeteria. He had been avoiding me since the kiss. Not a sentence or a word or a sound towards me. It hurts. I didn't mean to lose him. At least he looked like he was ok, talking, laughing with his colleagues. Me, on the other hand, I was pretty shaken up. I've had enough crushes along my high school experience but it didn't hurt like this. Not even close. Maybe it's the fact that I got close to him. I found out what was his favorite color, food, season, I met his 'mom' and I knew his life story. It was only 2 months since I arrived at M.T.P. . I spent every single day with him, training, talking, having fun and sharing secrets. The kiss was one week ago. One week of not training, one week of eating just apples for lunch, one week of ... well, only three friends.

Surprisingly, Ian and Seth were the ones to console me. Cody, well, he stuck to his usual self, trying to make me laugh.

- Come on, Abs, you need to eat something!

- Don't call me that...

- What? Abs?

- Yeah... My name is Abigail or Abi. Period.

- Okay... When are you going to tell us what happened between you and ser. Kenney?

- Me and my inner stupidness. That's what happened!

- You don't have to snap at me! I just want to see if you're ok...

- Well, I'm not.

I got up from my chair and headed to the exit.

- Lee!

Caiden's rough voice came from behind me.

- Yes, sir.

- You need to come with me.

- Why, sir?

- I don't have to give you any damn explanation!

- Sorry, sir...

I had no idea where we were going, but I hoped it wasn't something bad... I tried to talk to him on our way to I-don't-know-where. It was just like when we first met. We arrived at the principal's office.

- Are you coming too, sir?

- Of course I have to. Everything you do wrong costs me and you.

He knocked at the door and opened it. In a big leather chair there was an old man that had an ice glare that was even intimidating Caiden. Next to him was Diana with her perfect bun and an evil smirk on her face. I saluted both silently, standing behind Caiden.

- Good morning, sir, Diana...

- I'm glad you made it so fast. I'm afraid I was made aware of something pretty troubling. Sergeant Gilmore, here, is convinced that Miss Lee stole her very expensive bracelet.

- That isn't true, sir!

How could she say something like that about me?!

- I'm sure it's all a misunderstanding, sir. If miss. Lee says she didn't do it, I believe her.

- There's only one way to be sure. Let's go and take a look through her things.

That was ridiculous! I never stole anything!