27. FINAL CHAPTER Your Lies

__________________________

I was always well aware of the fact that the world sometimes is much fairer than one could think.

If a lie is told - a punishment will follow unconditionally.

Hakyeon fell to his knees as he saw the airplane fly across the gray sky on the outside of the big airport window. It was Taekwoon's plane. Hakyeon hadn't made it in time. In frustration and with tears burning his already reddish eyes, he hit his fist into the airport chair beside him with all of his might. It hurt like hell, of course. But it was still not enough.

He didn't know what to do with all of his growing desperation, he wanted to hate everything in this world, destroy things and make a scene. But he was too tired... So he did the only thing he could do. He stood up, getting ready to start the long journey home.

However, as he turned around, he was met by the sight of a familiar figure standing a few meters in front of him. It was someone he hadn't directly met, but he still recognized the woman immediately.

"Shouldn't you be in school?" Taekwoon's mother spoke.

She hadn't gone with him? Hakyeon decided to pull himself together and be as polite as he could.

"Ah, no, sorry. I was looking for Jung Taekwoon... He left, right? I'm his friend."

"I know all about why you're here... But you're not his friend. Also, destroying another person's kid like that, how did you get raised?" Taekwoon's mother huffed.

Needless to say, Hakyeon got a bit taken aback by the harsh comment.

"I'm sorry if I did something wrong..." He mumbled, feeling uncomfortable.

The sharp glare Taekwoon's mother sent him was really not nice or soft in any way. It was cold as ice. She seemed to be very different from her son.

"If you did something wrong?" She laughed evilly, "Poor child, no one has told you anything. Maybe... Were you relying on my Taekwoon to tell you?"

Hakyeon bit his lower lip in silence. He didn't want any trouble.

"Since he has left, I guess I'll tell you."

Taekwoon's mother flashed a celebrity-like smile and walked up to the boy in front of her. Her son's despicable lover.

"You were holding him back." She spoke in a sharp tone to then continue in a more mocking matter, "Taekwoon chose to leave because he wanted to be a singer. And how could he possibly fulfill that wish here? With you clinging to him? He's probably relieved right now."

"You're wrong..." Hakyeon mumbled.

But she didn't waver.

"I have proof." She said.

Like that, she opened her small handbag to pick her phone up and clicked herself forwards on the screen with her long red-painted nails rasping against the glass surface. Soon, she held it up for Hakyeon to see.

Taekwoon: I'm going to America to fulfill my dream. I have called Daniel Kim already.

"See? It was his own will." Taekwoon's mom spoke, expecting the boy before her to frown in pain from the message.