(16) The Deal

"A deal?" Caesar said."Who authorized you to make deals, huh?"
"Eh, three very powerful people." She said, smirking to herself.
"Oh, really? Who?"
"Me, myself and I."
"That doesn't even count!"
"You're in the center of nowhere and everywhere, Caesar." The girl said, scraping her hand against the cave walls,"everything and nothing counts."
"That doesn't even make any sense!" Caesar growled, and thunder shook the sky.
"You can't control your anger for yourself, can you?" she muttered, shaking her head disappointedly.
"Look, I don't know who you are, but I'm pretty sure you're no good, and we haven't met before. If we did, I would've remembered, and it would be because it went down pretty badly."

"Tsk tsk Caesar.." She said, looking out into the night sky."I'm here to help you. I'd always want to help an old friend."
"B-but--"
"I don't even need a deal to help you. All I need for you to do is to accept me for who I am now. You get me?"
"I don't even know what you're talking about."
"Oh, Caesar." she said, shaking her head yet again."You really don't remember anything, do you?  Oh, you poor, poor, soul of a son of Bill."
"Wh-what..?"
"Friends together, stick forever." she said, winking.
Caesar's eyes widened like saucers."Friends together, stick forever, friends forever, stick together.. B-but how--"

Too late. The flashbacks all attacked him at once.

Flashback...

Caesar hopped onto the thick tree branch, beside a girl, his age; around seven or eight years old. Her hair whipped and blew all around her as the wind smacked them both right in the face (sounds pretty painful XD).
"Oh, c'mon, Caesar, you can't be that slow, can you?" She teased, laughing.
"Hey, you know I'm afraid of heights!!" He protested.
"Just admit it. Girls climb faster than boys." She playfully punched Caesar's arm.
"Nope. Never gonna admit it. Coz it's not true." Caesar playfully punched her a little too hard, making her lose her balance.
"C-caesar?" She stuttered,"Caesar, HELP!!"
She toppled off the high tree, flailing her arms and screaming,"CAESAR!!!!"

"OH NO! WAIT, UH, I'M GONNA FIND A WAY, I PROMISE!!" Caesar said.
Silence.
Nobody was answering.
No. He couldn't look down. The truth was too obvious. But he did it anyway. He looked down, and saw an unfamiliar sticky, maroon liquid enveloping his best friend's body. She was dead.
"NOOOOOO!!!" He screamed, pounding his fist against the branch, causing it to crack and fall. As he hit the ground, he could feel his bones cracking, and his heart breaking. His best friend, the only person who would accept him for his true personality was DEAD.

"HELP!" He screamed at the top of his lungs, attracting the surrounding neighborhood. Soon, ambulances, paramedics, and crowds of people crowded the scene.

*cough* *cough* She was still alive. Well, barely.
Caesar weakly crawled to her side. "P-please.."
"H-hey, Caesar." She coughed.
"Turns out we always stuck with each other, h-huh?" She joked,"in life, and in.. in death.."
"We're not gonna die, I promise!" He muttered."I-I'm sorry for punching you too hard, I--"
"Don't worry about it, Caesar! You did what I did. I punched y-you on th-the arm too."
The people were screaming now.
"H-huh," she said, tilting her head towards the sky. "Guess this is what it feel like, to die.. I expected it to be more painful.."
"I-it is, b-but your body is just getting immune to all the pain," Caesar coughed out.
"Nerd," she teased weakly.
"Am not!" Caesar wheezed."O-ow.."

Their visions were beginning to get blurry now.
"Caesar, I.." She said."Friends together, stick forever?"
"A-and friends forever, stick together.." Caesar replied.
"C-can you say my name? I wanna be sure you still re-remember.."
"Your name is Tarina," he said, before blacking out completely,"Tarina Bright."