Chapter 2

"Ugh, I hate this," I muttered under my breath as I staggered off to what humans called "school".

As far as I know, "school" isn't your ideal fun house. It's WAY not your fun house. More like the OPPOSITE of my ideal fun. My ideal fun is watching children cry, and when I get what I want (Call me weird, but that's the truth. You judge, you die.). It's like this place where you'll be given lots of tasks today, and your teachers all go, "You pass this tomorrow or you're DEAD!"

Well, I'm not that kind of kid. Say that to me, and THEY'LL be dead. But, sadly, I can't. I made a deal with Will. Unfortunately, making a deal with the Ciphers, even if you work for them, is one of the most horrible mistakes you will ever make, unless you're idea of mistake is where you're always perfect. Which you're not. No one is.

I'm considered to be what teens today call "loners", and I could respect that. I can sit alone, but I can also drill my eyes into you. Anyway, on the first day of class, a few weeks before, we were asked to describe each of our classmates, and our first impression of them, negative or positive.

Summing up everything I got, the main point was I had cold bright blue eyes, pale peach skin, scraggly shoulder-length brown hair, pink thin lips, and a hands-down cruel attitude. Well, they got it ALL correct, though. I'm impressed.

I'm also one of those kids whom you forget about, but when whose name is mentioned kids suddenly know a lot about you. Like, "OMG, she's so pretteh! Too bad she has that attitude of hers, like, YUCK."
I know, I know. It sucks to be me. But it also rocks. But mostly sucks.

Anyway, I always dress the same (But I change clothes, of course! I'm not THAT disgusting). Combat boots, red sunglasses, a blue blouse and a black leather jacket. I'm also called "Biker Girl" in school, and trust me, that's not a name you can just mess around with. You'd have to take it seriously, like your life depended on it.

I never knew why. Everytime my "AKA" name was joked around with, that person who joked around with it would die, or get seriously hurt. Or get a truckload of bad grades and homework (Now THAT'S pain).

I also hate this guy named Dylan Jefferson, and he loved pirates. I never knew why. It was weird. Weirder than Will Cipher's first date (Yes, I saw that, and trust me, don't ask). I avoid the silent kids, like Caesar (pronounced see-zer) Hampton and his best friends. Too silent. Always reading. Always crying, moaning, whining, shouting, screaming, shouting. No no no no no. Not MY thing.

What I do isn't that much of a big deal. I just watch it for strange magic, blah blah blah. Well, I already know who to track. I sensed some magic in the bookworm club. Of COURSE it had to be. The bookworm club? PFFT, no effort.

Ahahahaha. Of course not. Too much effort. Don't forget, Bill's trying to stop me. Also, one of the kids there (though I didn't know who; I was trying to find out) had parents who owned an antique bookstore. Most likely the journal landed there, with THEM.

I always snuck in close. I kept my guard up, always watching. I knew they felt they were feeling watched, which was exactly what I wanted to feel.

"Hello, Cassandra," A familiar voice greeted behind me.
I winced. "Will. What are you doing here?"
I turned around, and I saw Dylan Jefferson. A small smile tugged at my lip. He looked HORRIBLE when he was being possessed by Will.
"I've come to talk. Follow me."

Will/Dylan dashed out of the room, with me following behind him. I was unaware of someone from the bookworm club watching me.
"Oh, Cassandra," someone muttered, "What the hell."