30: Sweet Kissed

Lainie

Three years.

Three years with my Yoda, and they have been the best of my life. When I rolled over saw that Everett was not in bed, I stretched and walked out to our living room.

Everett was laying on the couch, watching some cooking show. "Morning my sweet girl. How did you did you sleep." I smiled and sat down next to him, laying my head on his shoulder.

"Good. How did you sleep?" He shrugged. "I sleep perfectly when ever I am next to you." I kissed his cheek. He held up a piece of chocolate.

"I went on a jog this morning, and I stopped by the old sweet shop to see how it was doing and I grabbed you a chocolate." I smiled gratefully and unwrapped the chocolate ball.

"Well thank you." It was one of those chocolates that has the creamy chocolate on the inside and then the outer part is like a chocolate shell.

When I bit into it, I gave a satisfied moan of how good it tasted. Then I bit down on something hard.

I got all of the chocolate off of it and pulled in out of my mouth. It was a ring.

I looked up at Everett who was smiling softly. "Can I see that?" I handed it to him and he got down on one knee.

"Lainie, I love you. I want you to marry me. Will you marry me?" I felt my eyes fill with happy tears and I nodded. "Yeah. Yes. I will. I love you." I said in between breaths.

He smiled, stood up and slid the ring on my finger. "I love you more." He whispered, connecting his lips to my own. When we pulled away, I smiled.

"You have just been Sweet Kissed."