9: Lemonheads

Everett

I would be lying if I said I was not happy about yesterday when she told me she did not have a boyfriend.

Today was Saturday and I had nothing to do. I stretched and rolled out of my bed. When I went to the bathroom, I looked at my body. I was proud.

I was no longer a scrawny, brace faced, big rimmed glasses kid. I was now a grown man with a toned body, straight teeth, and contacts. Although, I do still wear my glasses around my apartment.

I placed them on my face and auto piloted to my living room. I heard a knock on the door which confused me because I never expect visitors.

I opened the door and smiled when I saw Lainie. "Hi sweet girl." She smiled and her eyes widened when she saw my bare torso. "H-hi Yoda." I smirked. "How did you get my address?" She shrugged. "I may or may not be your stalker."

I chuckled. "I would not mind it if you were." She tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. "Do you want to come in? I can make some coffee or tea." She nodded.

"I brought lemon-heads." I laughed and stepped aside, letting her in. "I think you are supposed to have lemon cake with tea." She she shrugged. "I think we both know I prefer something sweet."

I tilted my head as I set the tea pot full of water on the stove. "Why do you enjoy sweets so much? I would get a stomach ache if I ate sweets everyday." She looked conflicted.

"When my parents were alive, they took me out everyday to by a single piece of candy everyday. They told me I could have one piece everyday if I got good grades and behaved. It was our thing."

"Then they died in a crash."