17: Chocolate Chip Pancakes

Everett

I woke up with Lainie tangled in my arms. Her short hair was messy, and her face was peaceful. I smiled at the remembrance of last night.

Everything about it was perfect. It was slow, and passionate. I pressed a kiss to her forehead and laid my head on top of hers.

She buried her head in my neck and placed a gentle kiss on my shoulder. "Good morning Yoda." I rubbed her bare back and kissed her forehead. "Good morning sweet girl."

She sat up but held the sheet against her chest. She looked at me for a moment. "Can I take a shower?" I nodded. "You can do whatever you want."

She climbed out of bed, giving me a nice view of her body and face. I bit my bottom lip and smiled to myself, groaning. "You are so beautiful." She shook her head before retreating to the bathroom.

I got up and slipped on my basketball shorts. I then walked into the bathroom and saw my sweet girl.

She was staring at her body in the mirror and laughing. "Look at all the hickies on my hips and stomach!" I smiled and wrapped my arms around her, hugging her.

"Those are love bites." She blushed. "Love?" I nodded. "I am going to go make chocolate chip pancakes." She smiled.

When I walked in the kitchen, I saw the bottle of sleeping pills. I picked them up and stared at them for a moment. I then walked over to the sink and dumped out the remainder of the pills and flipped on the garbage disposal. I then threw the bottle in the trash.

I took a deep breath and began preparing the pancakes. Lainie had changed me in so many ways, so many positive ways. So when she walked out I kissed her and whispered three words to her.

"I love you."