Dammit! Why do I always fall for her guilt traps? I feel so guilty right now.

I sighed, “Fine, I’ll wear it.”

Her face lit up with a grin and she hugged me, “Thank you!”

I smiled slightly as I took the dress from her and put it on.

My mom gasped when she saw me and tears filled her eyes, “You look so beautiful.”

“Thanks mom,” I answered. Even though I didn’t want to admit it, I did look really good in that dress.

I put on my red flats and I let my hair down with only a think hair band in it.

(A/N: Picture of her outfit on the side >>)

It was already 6:00p.m by the time mom was done complimenting me. We walked to Lucas’s house and I was feeling really nervous. My stomach clenched uncomfortably.

Brian squeezed my shoulder when he noticed my discomfort and I gave him a weak smile. Mom rang the doorbell and instantly the door opened revealing a happy Marianne.

“Hello dear,” she smiled lovingly at me and gave me a hug “You look amazing.”

“Thank you,” I said smiling politely.

I love Lucas’s whole family. They are all amazing and even though I’ve known them for only a few months, I feel as if they are my second family.

After our hellos and small talks, Lucas came trotting down the stairs. He greeted my parents and Brian first. But he didn’t even acknowledge me. Maybe it’s because of the fact that I’m practically hiding behind his dad.

I internally encouraged myself to act normal. Everyone was back to their conversations as they walked to the dining hall.

I was still standing in the same place. And when I finally had the courage to look up at Lucas, I raised my eyes.

What surprised me was that he was already staring at me. Well at my dress but still.

“Hi,” I said.

His eyes lingered on my legs before he looked into my eyes. Feeling self-conscious, I tugged at the hem of my dress.

He gave me a small nod and his eyes went back down to my body.

“Stop staring at me!” I snapped at him.

His eyes went up and he snorted, “I’m not staring at you. I’m staring at the dress.”

“The dress which I’m wearing,” I replied.

“Don’t flatter yourself,” he rolled his eyes “You don’t look that good.”

I pursed my lips and decided to ignore him. As I was about to go to the dining hall, the little blonde girl came running down the stairs.

“Riana,” she squealed as soon as she spotted me.

“Lyn,” I imitated her as I pulled her into a hug. She was wearing a green dress that made her look so adorable!

“Riana you are so beautiful!” she said, looking awestruck.

I chuckled lightly as I ruffled her hair, “Thank you.”

“Will I be pretty like you when I grow up?” she asked in a tiny voice.

“No,” I shook my head and her face fell “You’ll be even prettier.”

She beamed at me, “Really?”

“Really.” I assured her.

“Now where did you get that adorable dress?” I asked her.

“Lucas bought it for me,” she answered with a smile and my eyes involuntarily went to Lucas who was watching us.

 “Did he buy you your dress too?” she asked and I almost laughed at how adorable she is.

“No he didn’t,” I answered “My mom bought it.”

She nodded and smiled.

We went to the dining hall and Katelyn quickly took a seat next to Brian and he grinned at her.

There were only two seats left which were next to each other. This is just great, I thought sarcastically as I sat on one of the chairs.

Lucas glared at the chair next to me as he reluctantly sat on it. His hand accidently brushed against my bare thigh, making my heart beat accelerate.

I frowned. Why is my heart beating faster?

I ignored it as we started eating. I was silent most of the time. I only spoke when someone asked me something.

It was desert time and everyone was complimenting my mom’s chocolate cake. I felt Brian’s gaze at me from across the table and I looked at him questioningly. That is how one of telepathic conversations began.

‘Talk to him’ Brian said.

I shook my head slightly ‘No’

‘Go on’ he urged and I kept on insisting ‘No’.

When the tension grew, I couldn’t take it anymore. I excused myself and went outside for some fresh air.

I sat on their front porch, looking up at the beautiful starry sky.

Last time we had dinner together, Lucas and I had a wonderful time but now we just want it to end. I tried to start up a conversation with him a few times but he would only reply with a few words or a nod. I eventually gave up after the fifth try.

One tear crawled down my cheek and I quickly wiped it away when I heard the front door open and close.

I turned my head and saw Lucas sitting next to me.

“My mom told me to check on you,” he said as if justifying why he came out. He wouldn’t have come if his mom didn’t tell him to? Was he forced to come out?

I nodded, “I’m fine. I’ll come back in, in a few minutes. You can go back inside.”

I shivered slightly when the cold air hit me. It was cold outside at night. Lucas surprised me by taking off his jacket and putting it around my shoulders.

“You’ll get cold…” I said.

“Don’t worry about me. I’m always hot,” he smirked slightly.

I rolled my eyes and a small smile formed on my lips, “Thanks.”

I wore his jacket and pulled it closer around me, enjoying his smell and the warmth it provided since it was twice my size.

We just sat there for a long time in silence. But there wasn’t a lot of tension anymore. I just wished I knew what he was thinking.

Suddenly, my parents came out and said that it was time to leave. We said our goodbyes and they started walking back home.

I took off Lucas’s jacket and gave it back to him with a smile but he just nodded. I sighed as I walked back home.

I crawled into bed, feeling really tired. I didn’t have time to think about anything because in a few minutes I was fast asleep with Teddy in my arms.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello beautiful people :)

I didn't get 29 votes on the previous chapter but I uploaded on time because honestly I love you guys too much <3

I'll really appreciate it if you vote! So another try for 29? :D

Thank you! <3