Chapter 1

I'm terribly sorry about not writing anything lately but I've been pretty busy planning this story out. I'm hoping to be able to take this series as far as it will go. I hope you enjoy this series and as always thank you for your support.

Blood. Rivers of blood stained the floors of the royal palace. The sounds of weapons clashing and explosions from the self detonation of the few remaining royal guards echoed through the crumbling halls as they attempted to hold back the enemy. The pattering of footsteps and the grief filled cries of a young boy in blood soaked clothes as he ran led by one of the few royal guard captains still loyal to the Royal Yang family. Scenes of the deaths of his parents repeated over and over in his mind along with the image of the person responsible. His uncle's smirking face burned into his memory, hatred and rage enveloped his grief filled heart. On this bloody day the young boy would be Prince no longer.

Explosions shook the palace and with each one the child's heart grew heavier and his rage grew stronger. With each explosion he remembered the smiling face of an royal protector that helped raise and teach him. With each shake of the palace it felt as though a part of him was lost as well. His tears no longer flowed and in its place, blood. Blood flowed from his eyes as his pain and anger grew.

"Prince Chen quickly escape through here!" The guard called as her pulled the horn of one of the numerous statues in the hall. A slight rumble accompanied the statue as it slid to the left revealing a trapdoor on the ground.

"His highness had these contingencies in place ever since he ascended the throne. No one else knows of this exit." He explained as he opened the door and pushed the young prince toward it.

"Aren't you coming with me? Where can I even go?" The prince asked as he lowered himself onto the ladder.

"I'm sorry my prince but this servant can longer accompany you, I must stay behind to close the passage and lead our pursuers away. His highness said that there he had two loyal retainers that retired to the True Ice Mountain this passage leads to. Perhaps they can assist you further. Please take care of yourself." The guard answered before he pushed the prince further down the ladder and moved the statue back into place. As he was about to turn and leave down the hallway he noticed the statue left skid marks on the side. Thinking quickly he he looked around for anything to cover it. He quickly splattered some of his blood over the marks making it harder to see and tore off one of the flags off the walls to cover over it. Once he finished covering up the tracks he turned to leave down the hall. He gave the hidden passage one last look before he ran down the hall tearing down flags and scattering them in different places to make his earlier work less suspicious.

"This is all this servant can do for you my prince. I pray for the heavens to watch over you." He whispered before he disappeared down the hall.

Within the secret passage Prince Yang Chen trembled in the dark. Just earlier he was celebrating his 13th birthday and was named Crown Prince of the Yang Kingdom. And in the next moment his own uncle poisoned his father before murdering his parents in front of him and nearly killed him as well. It was only due to the sacrifice of his father's royal guards that he managed to survive till now. And now he was alone in the dark passage. Everyone he ever knew was gone, his parents, the people who served as his personal guard and mentors. Even the few servants who took care of him in his everyday life. Sorrow, loneliness and pain racked his body and soul as he trudged through the dark tunnels. Tears flooded down his face as he realized that his life would never be the same.

Hours passed as he eventually emerged from the passage. Before him stood a great snow covered mountain. This was the only place in the Yang country where the temperature was so cold almost to the point of being inhospitable. This was the True Ice Mountain the most dangerous place in the entire Yang Kingdom and possibly even the entire True Phoenix empire. This was the place the place father warned him of but now it felt as though it would be the place that would save him. Even though he possessed a Yang attribute bloodline for some reason he felt a sense of belonging.