Changing Looks

I lied that I wasn't feeling well that day. I didn't want to face school. I wasn't ready. I felt torn. I wanted my parents in jail for what they did, but then again, I loved them. I knew that I had no other choice than to testify against them, so I took the day to come to terms with it.

I was lying in, completely naked. I won't explain how that happened. I was staring at the ceiling, thinking. I kept telling myself that, to be honest, they deserved it. I brushed my hands over the bandage that was around my torso. I would probably have to pretend to be sick tomorrow too. Tomorrow I had P.E. Which meant I had to change in front of people. I didn't want them to know that I had been hurt. I didn't want them to think that my parents were bad people. I didn't want them to know that my parents were bad people. I sighed and got up. i couldn't lie there all day. I stood up and got changed. I looked at myself in the mirror. To me, I looked normal. To my parents, I looked worthless. But to Hannah, I was the world. I looked at a picture she had on her wall. It was her and her mother. It didn't look very old, maybe a year. She had gray hair then. Almost silver. She had her septum like always. She was just as beautiful as ever. And she was mine.

Just after looking at the picture, I had a spur of the moment idea. I ran out the door and to the closest salon. I walked in and put money on the table asking for an appointment as soon as possible. They washed my hair and sat me down. "So, what do you want done?" the man asked. "I-I want to dye my hair..." I said. I sounded awkward and unsure so he squeezed my shoulder and smiled. "And what colour, sweetie?" I calmed down a bit and said "silver" with a smile. He smirked and went to get some hair dye. I was so scared. He came back in the room and pulled the towel off my head. I watched intently as he began to slather bleach on my hair. He could tell I was scared so he kept smiling at on the mirror. I could feel the slight burn on my scalp from the chemicals. It stung slightly, but it felt warm and almost nice. He left the bleach on for an hour, leaving me with a plethora of magazines. Eventually he came back and rinsed my hair. It was so light I looked like I had white hair. He then grab a thin but horizontally long brush and began to put streaks of silvery gray dye in my hair. He left a few streaks white to add to the silver. After hiurs of waiting and washing, we were finished.

I was almost out of the door when I had another crazy idea. "Do youguys do piercings?" I asked the man. He nodded and smiled. "Patricia does. Want one?" I thought for a moment before nodding timidly. He brought me into another room with several seats. He sat me down and brought in a nice looking lady. She smiled and said "so, what'll it be?" She handed me a booklet of pictures. There were many men and women with millions of different piercings. I looked ar rhe one with the septum piercing. "That one." I said shakily, pointing to the picture. She warned me that it would hurt, but I stuck with my decision. The piercing process was long and painful. The piercing felt heavy and strange at first, but I eventually got used to it. I paydd the extra money and left.