eleven- Don't Push Your Luck

Start from the beginning

No one.

Not even Mico Jones.

Mico got out of bed and left her there. She curled into a ball, trying hard not to scream. An hour passed, and she was getting sore from clenching her muscles so tightly. Her chest hurt. Those sixty agonizing minutes without him comforting her were too much.

She was angry with herself. He didn't care. Of course he didn't. He'd just been using her all along. Her tears subsided as she uncurled from her ball. Sitting up on his bed she wanted to spit. How could he?

She took his favorite pair of pants and a shirt from his drawer. She wanted to take things he wanted. If he didn't want her, she'd take what he did want. She caught the picture of herself on his dresser and one last tear leaked from the corner of her eye.

She looked so happy. That was who she used to be. That was the girl Mico could love. He couldn't love her anymore.

Ro put on his clothes, balled up her dress, corset, and underwear and marched from his room. She didn't look towards the kitchen or the living room as she passed. She left the door open behind her, unable and too angry to close it.

Let him get off his lazy ass. He won't come after me. She thought to herself. When she stepped onto her driveway, she heard the door slam. She winced. Had she done the right thing?

She hadn't done anything at all.

Ro kept walking forward, determined to start over and fix everything she ever did wrong. Mico had ruined her, but she was going to fix herself if it was the last thing she did.

Mico sat on a chair in the kitchen, waiting for Ro to leave. He didn't like being this emotionless. He didn't like being this empty. So much for happiness, you stupid dumbass. What were you thinking? He was thinking he wanted her to live her life.

He'd tried to take away everything last night. He'd tried to take away the rest of her teenage years. Marriage? A baby? She would never get to hang out with her friends or go places. She wouldn't be able to graduate or go to college. He wanted her to have all of that. He wanted her to have opportunity. He tried to take it from her.

Mico decided he should be punished. He should be alone and suffering. He didn't deserve to look at her beautiful smile and make her laugh. He'd just tried to destroy her childhood. He'd tried to make her into an adult when he wasn't one himself.

He had a lot of growing up to do. So did she. He wasn't going to take that from her.

So he sat at the table while she cried in his bed. His beautiful ex(?)-fiance. He didn't go to her. He didn't comfort her. He needed her to get angry. When she got angry she'd develop that fiery determination that he loved so much. The only thing was, she wouldn't live for him anymore. She'd do everything to spite him.

When he heard the door open, Mico turned around. He walked to the door and poked his head out. Ro was halfway across the lawn when he grew angry with himself. What the fuck am I doing?! I wanted this. She wanted this. Who cares? Mico knew everyone would care. He was so angry. You're letting her walk away, you retard. She wanted this. But now she didn't. He slammed the door.

Rosalina just needed someone to talk to. The problem was, she couldn't decide whether or not she wanted that person to be breathing. She texted her mother and asked for a ride to Ben's grave and received a reply almost immediately. Her mother agreed, but Ro had to wait for her lunch break to arrive.

To pass the time Ro did some of the homework that had been assigned to her for the weekend. She'd made it through the majority of her math problems when her mom called to say she was leaving work. Rosalina stopped doing her work and went to get ready for the rest of her day.