Confusion Or Answers

Hardly anyone ever comments )= That makes me sad. I would really, really like to hear what everyone has to say. Opinions are always nice to hear, or really anything. I just like knowing what poeple think of my story, and that's kinda hard when no one leaves a comment...

But special thanks to RnL4444 and StephanieElaine93 who have been commenting quite a bit! Love you guys! <3 Hope this chapter is to your liking (=

-------------------------------------------

As soon as his lips touched mine everything seemed to freeze. It more than surprised me. Of all people Dakkone was the last I would have ever thought would do something like this, and I didn’t know how to react. My mind was blank, completely blank and my body wouldn’t do anything. Next thing I knew there were a million thoughts swirling around what had once been blank space.

Finally my body decided to listen, but what it decided to so wasn’t what I had expected, and I didn’t try and change it. Instead of pulling back or shoving him away, or really doing anything to show any sort of dislike, I kissed him back.

Our lips stayed pressed against each other for what felt like eternity. My hand had even started to move, aiming for the chocolate brown mess on his head. But it didn’t make it there before everything stopped.

It wasn’t like someone walked up on us or anything like that. No, I had left. One minute I was kissing Dakkone, the next I was standing in the building Zyten used to call home. The feeling of his lips on mine still lingered, and I stood there for a moment before running a hand through my hair and letting out a sigh.

If I thought I was confused before, I don’t know what I would call this. Everything was changing, and what my mind and heart were saying was complete opposites. Didn’t my heart already belong to Xavier? But it that was the case then why did that kiss with Dakkone feel so, right? I had no idea, and I wasn’t sure I ever would. And now there was something else worse lingering in my thoughts. What would happen when I had to choose?

The last thing I wanted was to lose either of them as friends. As I walked over and sat down on one of the crates I went over everything in my head. Dakkone had been there with me through a lot. But Xavier would have too if he could, right?

I had no idea. As much as I wanted to believe it there was no way to truly know. Would he have stuck by me and helped out like Dakkone had, or left when things got tough? Resting my elbows on my knees I held my head in my hands. This was just so confusing and I didn’t know where to begin. It was like trying to find a flea on a poodle.

I sat there for a while, doing nothing but thinking before I finally moved from my spot. I needed answers before I could get anywhere, and I wasn’t looking forward to what they might be. Taking a deep breath I appeared in the club once more, in the room that I had tried to sleep in. And the one Blake had turned on me in.

He wasn’t there, not surprisingly. They had most likely moved him to a more secure place, and I wasn’t that worried about it right now. The last thing I needed to have to worry about was him.

There was no one else in the room, either, which was nice. Explaining anything to anyone wasn’t what I had in mind, not before I got to talk to Xavier. And before I had a chance to change my mind I walked out of the room, right down the hall and into his room. I didn’t bother knocking, which I should have because when I opened the door I found him standing there shirtless. And I couldn’t help but stare.

Our eyes locked for a bit before I managed to shake my sense back. Taking a deep breath I blurted out exactly what I needed to know. “What am I to you?”

Apparently the question took him off guard, which I should have expected. To be asked something like that probably wasn’t anything he thought would come out of my mouth. He was silent for a bit, and that only made me more nervous than I already was. “What do you mean?” he finally asked.

“I mean am I just a friend, not even that, more? What am I to you, Xavier? I have to know,” I replied.

Again he was silent for a bit before replying. “You’re a friend, of course.”

Hearing that hurt a lot more than it should have, and it took everything I had to keep the tears form appareling. But that reminded where they were, threatening to break out at any moment as I spoke. “That’s all I needed to know.”

And with that said I turned and walked out, not giving him a chance to say anything else. I was just a friend to him, nothing more. And yet he had always been more than that  to me. Or maybe I had just been fooling myself the whole time and making me think I felt that way.

The only thing that brought me back into reality was bumping into someone, and when I looked at who it was I realized I had walked a lot farther than I thought. Somehow I had managed to walk out into the actually club area, which was already starting to get packed with people. The guy I had bumped into was rather tall and I could tell he wasn’t one to be taken lightly. The grin he gave me made me shiver. This wasn’t going to end good. “You should apologize when you bump into someone like that,” he said, his words laced with implications.

“Yea, sorry,” I replied, turning to walk away only to have him grab my wrist. Today was just not my day.

“It would be a good idea not to get on my bad side, little girl,” he growled.

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes, already growing increasingly annoyed with the guy. If only he knew what I could do he’d think twice before laying a hand on me. “It wouldn’t be a good idea to get on mine, either. Now I suggest you get your hand off me before someone gets hurt,” I said coldly, knowing he’d most likely laugh and refuse.

Which is exactly what he did. Right before I decided to prove it to him someone placed a hand on his arm, drawing his attention and mine. Dakkone stood there, eyes staring the guys down, who instantly lost what cockiness he had. “I think the lady said to leave her alone.”

“Whatever,” he grumbled, letting go of my wrist and heading into the crowd.

Gray eyes turned to me then, his hard expression softening. “Riley, listen,” he started, cut off as I shook my head.

“You don’t have to say anything, Dakkone. If you think I’m made at you I’m not. The only one I’m mad at is myself. It’ll probably take some time before I have everything sorted out, by in the meantime maybe you could help me out.”

The look on his face shown he was surprised by my request, and the soft smile on my own shown I meant it the way he wanted it to. A smile soon slid across his face and he nodded. “I’d love to.”

“Good, and you can start by giving me this dance,” I replied with a small grin.

Of course he didn’t argue as he took my hand and pulled me closer. It was one of the few, rare slow songs Sathe ever played in her club. And being so close to Dakkone was making my heart race. With every passing second I was feeling more and more like this was right.

Yet at the same time I couldn’t shake the feeling that it was very wrong.